PDA

View Full Version : Not had the best of days!

Cazz
18-11-2009, 10:05 PM
I had so much planned for today - no mindees and mum was looking after my dd so I was going to try and catch up on paperwork and washing :rolleyes:

Dh phoned and said his fan belt broke on the way to work this morning so he had to leave his car there and catch the train home and will try and fix it tomorrow.

I decided to pop up to the supermarket garage for diesel and on the way back was unable to change gear - stuck on 3rd. :panic: My car has now gone to the garage and he will look at it but says if it's what he thinks it is then it could be expensive. So we have 2 cars which have both broken down on the same day!

To top it all off my dad had gone over to a friend's workshop to help him with something and dad fell backwards off a ladder late this afternoon. His friend took him to the local surgery as his hip was hurting and he had chest pains (has angina) - they sent him to the local a & e for an x-ray and it was showing a line on it so they've sent him to the main hospital for a more detailed x-ray.

We're waiting to hear if he needs collecting tonight or if he's being admitted. The hospital is 20 miles away and my mum doesn't like driving in the city at the best of times, let alone in the dark so I'll have to go with her. Just hope he hasn't done anything serious.

They say things happen in three's so hopefully all will be well now! I also have a load of wet towels as it started to rain just as my washing was about to finish it's cycle :rolleyes:

nannymcflea
18-11-2009, 10:09 PM
Not a good day!:(

Hope your dad is ok and it's nothing serious and your cars get fixed so you can be mobile again.

Heres hoping for a better day tomorrow.:thumbsup:

PixiePetal
18-11-2009, 10:31 PM
Poor you, what a day!

Maybe the sun will even shine tomorrow :)

Cazz
19-11-2009, 12:00 AM
Just phoned the hospital and dad has seen a doctor - hip is not broken but he is bruised and cracked a couple of ribs although his lungs are fine, so that's good.

Now going on a 40 mile round trip with mum to collect him. I'm hoping and praying that dd doesn't wake up for nearly two hours like she did last night just as I get into bed which is going to be well into the early hours! :rolleyes:

Excuse me when I come on here very bleary eyed tomorrow!

TheBTeam
19-11-2009, 08:28 AM
Just read this, hoping you have had a good nights sleep and that today is better!!!

LOOPYLISA
19-11-2009, 09:47 AM
Hope your having a better day x

nell57
19-11-2009, 10:06 AM
How are you this morning? hope you managed to get a little sleep.

Cazz
19-11-2009, 02:20 PM
I did get some sleep thanks - fortunately dd didn't wake until 8.00am but I had to be up earlier to get older ones off to school.

Not working today again so I've been quite lazy (well walked into town) and today seemed to be much better until ......

I just phoned the garage and it's going to cost over £500 to fix my car :eek:
It's quite an old car and after 2 trouble free years has been costing quite a lot for the last 8 or 9 months so now we've got to decide whether to get it fixed or try and buy another car. Could really do without any expense this close to Christmas!

At least my dad's not too bad - in a lot of pain when he moves due to his broken ribs but it could have been a lot worse.