PDA

View Full Version : is this cheap?

sweets
18-11-2009, 04:26 PM
i btought my new to me jane powertwin pram into the house today as when i used it the other day i noticed the front wheel was a bit flat, so brought it in to blow it up. well i made a complete hash of it, i bent the valve bit and when i put the pump on a load of green slime came out! (since found out it was tyre slime). didnt know what to do so i rang a friend who has the same pram and she suggested taking it down the local bike shop.

i did and a young lad took about 5 mins and put a new innertube in it and charged me £5!

I thought this was really cheap, i expected it to be alot more. just wondered what others have paid?

He also told me not to use tyre slime as it makes a horrible mess and is useless. i did stress to him that it wasnt me and was the previous owners:laughing:

Tink
18-11-2009, 04:31 PM
How did the wheel go flat? I didn't think pram wheels would go flat? maybe it's just me:blush:

sweets
18-11-2009, 04:32 PM
mine are like mini bike wheels. it wasnt flat till i started trying to blow it up:laughing: it was just a bit soft and i made it 10 times worse by bending the valve:blush:

Pudding Girl
18-11-2009, 05:20 PM
They mustn't have put enough slime in if you got a puncture with it. I took my Nipper to the bike shop and yes it was £5 and done far faster than I could have done it!!

I find the Jane (and Nipper for that matter!) pumps are little more than useless anyway and just use a car footpump instead :)

Helen79
18-11-2009, 07:14 PM
I had the same problem with my Jane tyre last week. I got 2 new inner tubes off ebay for about £7 so I've got a spare one now just incase i get another puncture.
£5 sounds a good deal to have it repaired too.

TheBTeam
18-11-2009, 08:55 PM
I paid £5 in Halfords about 7 years ago, so the same price is very good value.