PDA

View Full Version : Those that have a toys 'album'..

Mcgons
18-11-2009, 03:29 PM
how do you do yours - can't get my brain working today!

I was going to take photos of all the toys etc that we have as I keep forgetting what there is. But how do you display stuff, and what do you group together? eg the train stuff I would set up and just have that on it's own, but for building bricks, do you do something with them, and also have all types of building things on one photo?

Any tips?

Curly Quavers
18-11-2009, 03:37 PM
I Would like to know about this as I have nothing at the moment to document what I have.

PixiePetal
18-11-2009, 03:42 PM
I need to do this :rolleyes: and plan on taking photos of duplo etc when children have set something up. Same with wooden trains/cars/dolls/playdoh/tents/wooden bricks/dolls house whatever. Just need to remember to do it.

Have bought an album to put them in and will do a couple of pics of each.

Think I will do a few each week as we have the stuff out, then tackle the other toys as we bring them down from loft to swap in.

HTH:)

FussyElmo
18-11-2009, 04:18 PM
I put mine in a cheap photo album. I grouped all the cars etc together. took ohotos of the bigger the stuff like the kitchen - dolls in pushchairs. I find it to be never ending so have put it on the back burner for now.

Tink
18-11-2009, 04:24 PM
I've not got one but was thinking of doing this, especially when parents come for a visit and say what toys have you got? I can just give them the book and let them look through:)

patevans
18-11-2009, 04:45 PM
I've got to start mine tonight, I have brought one of those display folders from wilkinsons

Chatterbox Childcare
18-11-2009, 04:58 PM
I am still taking photo;s and will put them in scrapbooks depending on type

i.e. construction, role play, imagination, craft, large equipment etc...

Curly Quavers
18-11-2009, 05:40 PM
I know it is something I should do.

But you know what I really can't be bothered, by the time I am finished work and sorting out my own kids I can't be bothered sitting taking more pictures printing them and putting them in albums. I still have some baby pictures of my dd I haven't done and she is 3 years old :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mcgons
18-11-2009, 08:28 PM
I'm only going to do it so the kids can see what toys etc we have as they're not all in one place, so then they can choose themselves. I've got lots of stuff in a sideboard and everything else is in other rooms hidden, and even I forget what I have!

julie w
18-11-2009, 08:36 PM
I've never heard of doing this. Is this something we have to do, and why? Thankyou.

Nat78
18-11-2009, 08:42 PM
This is a really good idea, I have toys and equipment listed but never thought of photos so children can see and choose. Will be starting this soon. Thanks

Mcgons
18-11-2009, 08:43 PM
It's not something you have to do, I'm just choosing to do it so the children can choose toys as they are not all stored in one room - some are in the garage and under the stairs.

Dragonfly
18-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Ive been meaning to do this as toys in boxes in shed, under the stairs etc etc, but as said at the end of the day Im too tired and dont wont to spend weekends thinking about it/ doing it as well as paper work.

butterfly
19-11-2009, 11:32 AM
i've used photos off the internet instead of physical taking photos. it was much quicker. i've also listed the main educational reasons for using them like they do on the elc toys now.

georgie456
19-11-2009, 12:29 PM
It's not something you have to do, I'm just choosing to do it so the children can choose toys as they are not all stored in one room - some are in the garage and under the stairs.

I'm thinking of doing it for the above reason too. And also it allows children who cannot talk yet or with special needs/language barrier to have a choice on what to do - Mrs O will love that! :D

hello kitty
19-11-2009, 12:48 PM
I've got photos of my toys in an album so the children can choose what they would like out.

When I had my inspection I was picked up on the fact that one child asked me to get down a toy from a high shelf and told me toys should be accessible to everyone even though most of them are on the floor, typically the child wanted one I had placed up high, however I did show her my album and she backed right down as the child had chosen from that book. :)

Kelly
19-11-2009, 02:03 PM
I use an small photo album, some pictures are grouped together, like construction, cars, the farm, train set, shop, kitchen etc. I find it particuarly good when I need to store items out of sight and for younger children and children with EAL. It is also great for new starters and good when the children can't decide what they want to play with. As others have said it is really time consuming, top tip, if there is a picture of item on the box or in a mag use it, I used the one from the train set, it reminds me how to set it up lol!

Kelly

Chatterbox Childcare
19-11-2009, 04:10 PM
I know it is something I should do.

But you know what I really can't be bothered, by the time I am finished work and sorting out my own kids I can't be bothered sitting taking more pictures printing them and putting them in albums. I still have some baby pictures of my dd I haven't done and she is 3 years old :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Why can't you take them when the children have them out? That is what I do and eventually I will have photographed them all.