PDA

View Full Version : cleaning an aquadraw?

loocyloo
18-11-2009, 01:57 PM
i have just looked at my aquadraw ... and it is looking really grubby, with dirty, but pale mudlike marks all over it. plus the odd cat print :rolleyes:

i've tried 'gently sponging' but its made no difference ... can i use washing up liquid or washing powder on it? has anyone stuck theirs in the wash?

thanks!

RachelE
18-11-2009, 02:00 PM
I dont have an answer, but hope someone else does!

My lovely dd drew on it with felt tip pen and mine generally looks grubby too!

Rachel x

Curly Quavers
18-11-2009, 05:26 PM
I would chance it in the machine see what happens

cowboy
18-11-2009, 06:17 PM
Mine has brown patches on - I think it's because we keep putting it away damp into a plastic box and it's mouldy!
I washed it this week in washing up liquid, dried it on radiator and marks are still there but faded and at least I know it's clean.
If anyone has machine washed one I'd love to know, didn't have the balls to try it!

Paula

Pudding Girl
18-11-2009, 06:40 PM
I wouldn't put it in the machine unless it says you can, it could rip and whatever is inside ruin your machine which would be expensive to replace!!

Have you tried babywipes? They get loads of dirt and stains out of numerous things, I'm surprised they are so gentle on a babys bum tbh!

mamasheshe
18-11-2009, 07:58 PM
hello i've put my aqua draw in the machine on handwash with just washing powder it was fine i'll put anything in the washing machine as long as i can squeeze it in their. think i did it at thirty?

Lady Haha
18-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Well, I've machine washed mine a few times now!!!!! Comes up lovely!!

The only thing I wouldn't recommend is putting it on the radiator to dry after:laughing:

Seriously, I have put it in the machine and never had a prob!

Carol
18-11-2009, 10:52 PM
Well, I've machine washed mine a few times now!!!!! Comes up lovely!!

The only thing I wouldn't recommend is putting it on the radiator to dry after:laughing:

Seriously, I have put it in the machine and never had a prob!

Thanks will give mine a clean in machine now. Its amazing how grubby they get especially when the older mindees use it!!!!!

Carol xx

Merry-Minder
18-11-2009, 10:57 PM
Oh thanks for that thread, my dog cocked his leg on ours!! I sponged it and put it away feeling that id never cleaned it well enough, ill be much happier once its been in the machine.

:thumbsup:

flora
18-11-2009, 10:58 PM
I popped Hannah's in after reading this and I have to say it is a bit better but hasn't come up as clean as I 'd like.

No damage to this mat and it's drying nicely as we speak :thumbsup:

loocyloo
19-11-2009, 09:13 AM
i washed mine in the machine too last night ... come up nice and clean :clapping: :clapping:

now i don't want to put it on the floor for them to use!

THANK YOU!

little miss chatterbox
19-11-2009, 10:21 AM
fab will get mine in now! Thanks!

grindal
19-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Oh thanks for that thread, my dog cocked his leg on ours!! I sponged it and put it away feeling that id never cleaned it well enough, ill be much happier once its been in the machine.

:eek: Yuk Yuk Yuk :laughing: :laughing:

ORKSIE
19-11-2009, 11:52 AM

:laughing: :laughing: that made me laff:D

mum2two
19-11-2009, 12:01 PM
Oh thanks! It was only this morning I was saying it looked a bit gross, and maybe we should invest in a new one. The only thing is, our has felt pen on it too, so I'll give it a go & see.

xx

nikkia77
19-11-2009, 12:48 PM
I put mine in the washing machine as it was so filthy that I was gonna chuck it so thought I had nothing to lose, it came up fine using only powder on a 30 quick wash. Then couple of weeks later dd was sick on it so back in the machine & it's not been the same, still works but have to press harder with the pens, I don't think it will survive a 3rd go but like I said it was heading for the bin so can't really complain as we've had an extra year out of it