PDA

View Full Version : Car Insurance

suehorsley
18-11-2009, 01:52 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm now really confused about my car insurance! My current insurer says that other passengers are covered but when I asked them to confirm that minded children are covered she just said yes, other passengers. Not feeling very confident now to be honest and Churchill is over a thousand pound with 500 excess! Motorminder are quoting me 919 with a 100 excess and does seem to be what I need.
Any thoughts anybody - I really cant think straight anymore lol
Cheers Su xx

sarah707
18-11-2009, 02:19 PM
I have my car insurance with Morton Michel.

I have just re-done it... I paid under £300 with £250 excess.

You must have it written on your policy that you are covered to carry childminded children as well.

Ok I know I drive a little V reg Toyota, but those quotes still sound very expensive :eek:

I suggest you shop around :D

suehorsley
18-11-2009, 04:33 PM
I have my car insurance with Morton Michel.

I have just re-done it... I paid under £300 with £250 excess.

You must have it written on your policy that you are covered to carry childminded children as well.

Ok I know I drive a little V reg Toyota, but those quotes still sound very expensive :eek:

I suggest you shop around :D

Cheers Sarah, I think the problem is I have only been driving since July this year! If I was to wait until next July and have a years no claims it comes down by about 300. Waiting for a qoute from Morton Michel, but to be honest its not looking to good. I am also confused about the type of business insurance - one company said class 3 was pointless as its more door to door sellers and the like for that.
Oh well, may have to stick to the train for now!!!

suehorsley
18-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Thanks Sarah, I have only been passed my test and driving 4 months so thats probably got a lot to do with it. Been looking and quotes are coming down - am nearer the £700 mark now lol!

The Juggler
19-11-2009, 10:49 AM
Hi, I just business and full breakdown (with courtesy car and take me home) with Sheila's wheels for £309.