PDA

View Full Version : potty training and pooey pants

newandlearning
18-11-2009, 01:37 PM
:) .. sorry for tmi in the title line...:) ..

the 3yo I childmind was brought to me on Monday in pants for the first time.. I agree he's probably ready for it.. been really good until today.. no accidents .. and then this morn he pooed in his pants at the toddler group.. I was daft and took pants but no trousers:rolleyes: .. so we went home where he then peed himself.. he's now in my spare clothes for kids..

I'm wondering what does everyone else do with pooing in pants .. how do you manage it? do you give pants back in bag? clean or dirty?

also how many extra trousers should I ask for .. so far I've just been given shorts :panic: .. which he unfortunately peed in as already mentioned.

I had this with my own boy for 10 months..xxx

Straws
18-11-2009, 01:41 PM
I'd give them back double wrapped and ask for at least 3 sets of spare clothes

Straws xx

PaulaR
18-11-2009, 01:47 PM
I would put them in a sealed bag and hand back. Every child is different and all potty train at different speeds.

TheBTeam
I give them back dirty (usually the pants in a separate bag to the trousers), most of my parents then bin the pants!

Mother of the 6 year old the other day binned the lot, trousers, pants, top and socks!

helenlc
I had a 3 yr old mindee who turned up one Monday morning in pants as mUm said she was doing this now.

She also gave me one pair of spare trousers and 2 pants !! I thought she was a tad optimistic and was proved right by lunch time!!

Any pooey ones, I rinsed out quickly and double bagged and handed back to parent at end of day. Same with wet pants/underwear.

I didnt like to send this particular boy back in my spares as very rarely never saw them again. When I did nag mum for a change of clothes, I got one pair of shorts that were 2 sizes too small for him (think Kylie's gold hot pants but in denim!!!:laughing: )

youarewhatyoueat
18-11-2009, 01:50 PM
ask mum to get 10 pairs of cheap pants from tescos and if they are too pooey chuck away in a nappy sack.

madasahatter
18-11-2009, 01:54 PM
I second youarewhatyoueats suggestion of asking the parent for a pack of 10 very cheap pants that can be binned if they have a dirty accident.
Lets be honest, by the time the parents collect the child, the dirty pants have had hours to fester and the smell develop so that opening the sealed bag makes you wish you had full biohazard gear including breathing apparatus :laughing:

Elena
18-11-2009, 02:00 PM
Awww bless him..... (and you for that matter) I haven't had to contend with pooey pants.......yet.

I agree with everyone else....it's probably best you don't handle the poo too much and double bag it up ready for parent to collect ......the perks of parenthood and childminding :laughing:

nokidshere
18-11-2009, 02:12 PM
I would rinse them out and then bag them or just put them in the wash if I am doing a load.

I wouldn't bag pants that haven't at least been rinsed out for the parent to take home - YUK!

sarah707
18-11-2009, 02:15 PM
I ask parents to send very cheap pants and explain that I will cut them off and throw them away...

Which is much nicer for the child than sliding them down each leg, contents sticking to skin on the way :D

daisyboo1980
18-11-2009, 02:17 PM
when potty training my nephew my sis went to primark bought loads of cheap pants and joggers and told me to chuck any poo pants though we only have had 2 .
i would sugguest the same to any off my parents

cuffleygirl
18-11-2009, 02:37 PM
In the past when I've potty trained my own 4 kids - its been cheap pants, joggers that can be pulled up and down quickly and I've often binned dirty ones - biohazard.

However, I've had incidents with minded children that now mean I give all dirties back. One lo made a complete mess of pants and trousers, I'd doubled bagged and put in shed out of the way to give back to mum, evident she'd had an accident from change of clothes first thing mum says - where are trousers and pants!

Second, lo had the runs in pants/trousers, after the above, I rinsed and as I was doing a wash anyway, I put his stuff in - I called parent to collect the child, Dad arrives and says ' how convenient you've washed away the evidence' now all mindee's dirties get bagged and sent home!

PixiePetal
18-11-2009, 03:54 PM
All of the above :thumbsup:

I always tell parents - Lots of cheap pants, be prepared to have a few really bad ones thrown away. Plenty of spare clothes - including socks.

I either double bag and send home, wash if I have a load to go on, or bin if a real biohazard.

I once sent a child home wrapped in a blanket wearing a nappy and vest as, although not potty training, she had managed to cover everything while at CM group - me thinks there was a tummy upset I was not told about :angry: She needed a bath and I had no spare clothes so home she went, complete with big bag of evidence :D . I had a shower too as I felt so disgusting

Princess Sara
18-11-2009, 04:57 PM
N is potty training atm, everything just gets bagged up and handed over. A few times when it's been a rather pooey disaster mum has said just bin them.

How long is a reasonable amount of time to potty train? I understand there will still be accidents for a while yet but some days it feels like we're back to the first few days instead of 3 months through it. I only ask because ds1 took the whole of two weeks to be completely dry through the day, and one more week to be completely dry at night too. He was 22 months, same age as N now who has been at it since before I had him (started begining of Sept) Sorry to jump on the thread.

merry
18-11-2009, 06:30 PM
[QUOTE=cuffleygirl;575789Second, lo had the runs in pants/trousers, after the above, I rinsed and as I was doing a wash anyway, I put his stuff in - I called parent to collect the child, Dad arrives and says ' how convenient you've washed away the evidence' QUOTE]

Honestly what on earth is wrong with some people:angry: I'd have been eternally grateful if someone'd done that for me

:)

suzyblue
18-11-2009, 06:38 PM
I had a boy that had lots of 'accidents' right up until the age of 8. His parents wanted him to wear boxer shorts which hold nothing in! It would roll down his trousers and I'd find it on the carpet!!!:eek:
Funny now but not at the time......