PDA

View Full Version : I've got right royal hump!

Helen Dempster
17-11-2009, 11:00 PM
I'm so fed up...I keep having to turn potential business away, coz the school age children are at a different school to the 2 I go to at the mo, and there's no way I can get them there or collect on time (unless I clone myself). It's so frustrating, as the enquiries I'm getting are really good ones, with siblings, but coz of the schoolie, I can't do 'em! AAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! And to top off my day, I've found out I can't get funding in this area to do my NVQ3, and I don't know how I'm going to afford to do it, as I've only got 1 mindee on my books....:panic: I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but :ohdear: :crying:

debbie
17-11-2009, 11:48 PM
how far apart are the schools and what are their times for coming out. do you drive reason i say this is because i drop off at 2 schools in the morning about 2 miles apart and then after school i pick up from 3 different schools and a nursery. i pick up the closest one from home first then do the rounds and then the other 2 schools and pre school keep hold of the children until i get there. parents are happy with this arrangement. if it means more work for you with the siblings its worth thinking about. its manic but worth while. i wouldn't turn work away without first enquiring about the schools policy on children being kept for a short time until your there to pick up. sorry abut asking too many questions.

little daisies
18-11-2009, 06:39 AM
i do 3 different schools and the third one keeps the child for an extra 15 mins for me till i get there. maybe if you had a word with the school they may do the same so you can take on extra kids

sonia ann
18-11-2009, 07:01 AM
I do two different schools and the parents of the second one pay for them to go to kids club until I can get there.........however I have had these children from babies and they do this so that they can stay with me so the circumstances are a little different. but as the others say if it is a matter of minutes find out about the schools policy they may have some arrangements:)

singingcactus
18-11-2009, 07:48 AM
Have you looked into train to gain. I believe it is a government funded initiative rather than a local one. Various companies around the country have been given funding to help carers become qualified before Dday. Try googling it, it is free if you can get it.

Helen Dempster
18-11-2009, 10:09 PM
how far apart are the schools and what are their times for coming out. do you drive reason i say this is because i drop off at 2 schools in the morning about 2 miles apart and then after school i pick up from 3 different schools and a nursery. i pick up the closest one from home first then do the rounds and then the other 2 schools and pre school keep hold of the children until i get there. parents are happy with this arrangement. if it means more work for you with the siblings its worth thinking about. its manic but worth while. i wouldn't turn work away without first enquiring about the schools policy on children being kept for a short time until your there to pick up. sorry abut asking too many questions.

The first school wasn't too far from the one I go to already at all, it would be a matter of minutes (15 max), but the school refused to hold on to the lo til I could get there, and they didn't run an after school club. The second enquiry, the school really was too far and it would probably have been about 30 mins or so, so that really wasn't going to work. I wouldn't mind the extra work if i knew it would be something I could do. Hopefully something else will turn up (ever the optimist me!).

H x

Helen Dempster
18-11-2009, 10:10 PM
Have you looked into train to gain. I believe it is a government funded initiative rather than a local one. Various companies around the country have been given funding to help carers become qualified before Dday. Try googling it, it is free if you can get it.

Thanks for this, I will google it right now

xx