PDA

View Full Version : Probably a stupid question - your own kids!

Schnakes
03-03-2008, 10:40 PM
I was just wondering...obviously, I am the main childcare provider for my son who is 2. I do all these activities and obs etc for the other kids...and it occured to me today....as I am a childminder, and providing care for my son, and all practitioners are supposed to be doing obs and assesments and so on for a child who is in their care between 8am and 6pm...should I be doing it for him too? Have Ofsted finally driven me insane, or do you guys think I might be actually right here??! :eek: :huh:

Sx

Rubybubbles
03-03-2008, 10:44 PM
my dd is 3 , I have only done obs of stuff I wanted, not loads like for mindies, I do feel they have learnt so much more because I'm a childminder:D

She now goes to pre-school and I don't feel they do half as much as I do:rolleyes: but then again my job is my life line (well internet line:D )

lisat
03-03-2008, 10:45 PM
I wouldn't think you'd have to do it for your own children as the obs etc would be for the parents benefit

i've never included mine when i've done them

check with your local early years team

sorry i'm not much help!!!!!

Lisa xx

sarah707
03-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Your child is getting huge amounts of care and attention from his mother - he is lucky enough to have her at home with him all day and he is also gaining lots of extra from the other children in his home...

EYFS is good practice... it is good advice for all children... I used it today to pick up some issues I had been noticing about a child and not put together yet...

It is not for your own child but it is good practice to keep an eye on... :D

Schnakes
03-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Your child is getting huge amounts of care and attention from his mother - he is lucky enough to have her at home with him all day and he is also gaining lots of extra from the other children in his home...

Thanks Sarah - that made me get a huge rush of warmth inside! :) :thank you.

Sx

Rubybubbles
03-03-2008, 10:55 PM
sarah has a way with words:thumbsup:

angeldelight
03-03-2008, 10:57 PM
I think that just by being his mom is enough to be honest

Angel xx

lisat
03-03-2008, 10:59 PM
I think that just by being his mom is enough to be honest

Angel xx