PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Party

FizzysFriends
17-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Who has a Christmas party and what games/activities do you do?

Hebs
17-11-2009, 07:12 PM
i'm having one on the 20th dec, while mindees parents are off doing christmas shopping

doing some party food, will have christmas songs on, maybe pass the parcle, pin the tail on the reindeer, etc xx

happytotschildminding
17-11-2009, 07:16 PM
Hi - party games like pass the parcel with forfeits in as well as treats, musical statues etc, then dancing with glowsticks to music, for our table decoration, we painted some twigs silver and hung them with chocolate tree decorations and made a gingerbread house - made the table look really christmassy and of course we had crackers and all wore their hats. Was so super duper they want the same again this year!
Carol
X

helenlc
17-11-2009, 07:35 PM
Mine are quite young and probably woulnt notice one way or another. But I will probably have one afternoon where we have some scrummy food and play some games etc, be a bit silly !!!

TheBTeam
17-11-2009, 08:05 PM
Myself and a few other childminders have a christmas party at the craft group we do together and will cook a turkey christmas lunch for the children, have santa and play some games.

youarewhatyoueat
18-11-2009, 08:28 AM
Mine are all too young but we do go to the toddler party at one of the groups I go to, does that count.

Mollymop
18-11-2009, 09:29 AM
I "shut shop" on the 18th so no I don't, but if I worked the xmas hols then i would x

PixiePetal
18-11-2009, 09:52 AM
I am hoping to have some of my older ex mindees back for a christmas get together. Silly games and small gifts :thumbsup:

LittleStar's
18-11-2009, 10:14 AM
Mine are all tiny and they both finish by 17th of december!

So a bit Gutted as I love party's!!!!!

Bananabrain
18-11-2009, 12:58 PM
Had one last year and thought it was going to be the start of a war!!
Older ones got really silly and then started arguing about pass the parcel:laughing:
I was a bit cross at the time as as usual I put lots of effort in and they accused me of 'rigging' the games.:angry:
But I'll prob do it again,cos I'm a sucker.
And i don't have the mindees that caused all the probs anymore:clapping:

Twinkle
18-11-2009, 01:53 PM
I usually finish when the kids break up and have a xmas party from half three til half five. Then the parents are invited to join in with nibbles and a few glasses of wine. We all gather round the tree and swap presents. It's a lovely end to the year.

We play the usual games like pass the parcel, musical statues, pin the tail on the reindeer and a xmas chocolate hunt in the playroom.

~Chelle~
18-11-2009, 02:27 PM
The kids love it when I get a large box, cut lots of hand size holes in the sides and cover with tissue paper on the inside. Then cover the outside of box with lots of wrapping paper and fill with shredded paper and lots of little bits and bobs that I get from Baker Ross.

The kids punch the holes and have a dig inside to see what they can get and they love it :laughing: :laughing:

Also get some decorations for them to decorate and cards to colour in.

My hubby always dresses as santa, got a suit for a fiver off of Ebay a few years ago and we get them to see santa to get their xmas pressies.

Last year was the only year that I didnt have an xmas party as I only had 1 mindee :(

Now have 4 mindees and my own 2 kids and usually end up inviting friends and their kids too, they always have lots of fun.

amanda1309
18-11-2009, 02:47 PM
I meet up with a couple of other cms and we have a full xmas lunch and presents at one of our houses.
Usually 3 or 4 minders with 3 mindees each so a little manic but the kids love it.