PDA

View Full Version : I have a knitting school

FussyElmo
17-11-2009, 05:36 PM
in my dining room. How to keep two 10 yo girls amused for a couple of hours :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Getting good at casting on though - :laughing: dont think we will getting that scarf anytime soon

Mouse
17-11-2009, 05:39 PM
How fab!

My 8 year old daughter is waiting for me to teach her, but I'm struggling to find the time :( Perhaps I could enrol her at your knitting school :thumbsup:

nell57
17-11-2009, 05:44 PM
erm, can I enroll two 6 year olds in your school as well:laughing:

TheBTeam
17-11-2009, 05:56 PM
Oh I am quite sad, I really like knitting, I have been able to knit since i was 3, and can knit anything!! Reminds me of the joke about the old man and his wife with the clicking of the knitting needles, that could be me and dh! Well till i found childminding paperwork and this forum!

Pauline
17-11-2009, 05:56 PM
I love knitting but never get the time these days. Well done on teaching the girls, it is not easy teaching knitting skills :thumbsup:

Alibali
17-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Can't knit:(

sweets
17-11-2009, 06:15 PM
i can knit but not very well, i am left handed but knit right handed as that was the way i was taught, it always looks a bit odd and akward!

i did knit a scarf a couple of years ago tho, but it was hard going!

Tam's Tribe
17-11-2009, 06:37 PM
I was thinking of doing that, even with the boys . . . my 9 yr old DS loved weaving!!

The only problem is I am not sure if I remember how to knit.

Decided to start easy and make snowman POM POMs.

Lovies
Tam
x

nannymcflea
17-11-2009, 07:47 PM
I'm sending my dd age 10...she keeps asking me to teach her but I don't know how.:blush:

Pauline
17-11-2009, 07:58 PM
This might help:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uw-nUvGrBY

:)

madasahatter
17-11-2009, 08:19 PM
I've been able to knit since I was quite young. I remember knitting baby clothes for my new cousin when I was about 8 (following a pattern and everything). It's funny how many of us oldies learnt to knit quite young. I have tried in the past with mindees at around the 7/8 yr age and they've struggled. Think I might try again with my oldest mindee (10) as she is also wanting to make a sock monkey (after I made my first one last weekend). I've promised her that we will get the sewing machine out in the xmas hols so she can have a go. Then we shall also be able to knit some clothes for it.
I always wanted to be able to crochet and about a year ago I managed to learn the basics by following video tutorials on youtube etc.

Just remembered I knit myself an aran cardy (with cables) when I was about 13 and I still have it in the wardrobe. It comes out when I feel mega cold and I snuggle up in it as it's stretched a bit over the years LOL

FussyElmo
17-11-2009, 08:19 PM
Ok send them round - apparantley we are now going to do a patchwork blanket so going to need all the help we can get :laughing: :laughing:

Tbh its been good fun and im finding it strangely theruptic :blush: and i havent reached for the chocolate once so all good. I will get a scarf and might lose a few pounds :)

CherryBlossom
17-11-2009, 08:52 PM
I love knitting! I wouldn't say I was great though lol. I can just about make a scarf :laughing: :laughing:

loocyloo
18-11-2009, 08:05 AM
i wish i could knit! but i don't know anyone who does who could teach me!

i can sew and i used to cross stitch. the older children enjoy a bit of basic cross stitch. we've done patterns following hama bead designs!

xxx

patevans
18-11-2009, 08:24 AM
I cant knit but when I was 12/13 I went to the lady next door to me for sewing listens. I starting by making scrunchies and carrier bag holders then onto making my own school skirts :thumbsup: then lost interest as I got a bit older :(