PDA

View Full Version : No definate answer.

shelly03
17-11-2009, 10:06 AM
Hi Just a follow up from my previous post had my first potential mindee visit last week. Gave her a welcome pack she came back on the next day to give me my policies (she took them to show her husband, she didnt sign them these were just to be read) she said she would keep in touch. Then I bumped into her this morning and she said "she would be seeing a lot more of me " After I made a comment about bumping in to her. It does state in the welcome pack and i told her all about deposits and securing a place. She hasnt actually said if she wants me or not. What should I do dont want to sound pushy but also dont want her to think that I have a place and will keep it for her. Im just planning on leaving it till she lets me know for sure. But also wondering if she is misunderstanding. Or do you think she is still thinking about it?

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
17-11-2009, 10:12 AM
i would tell her that you have had another enquiry so want to know if she wants the place

Alibali
17-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Sounds like she was letting you know she wanted to use your service:thumbsup:

buildingblocks
17-11-2009, 05:27 PM
I agree with PrincessDaisyFlower if you want/need the work ring her and say you have had another interested enquiry but you have come back as she had shown interest.

I have got to the stage it is first come first served and if they do not get in touch then it goes to next person. I do not ring them now where once I would have chased them up.

Had this recently with a parent of two over 5's wanting spaces but if I took them on one of them will be taking up one of my under 5 spaces but as I am desperate beggars can't be choosers. She came to visit and seemed keen and lives just down the road. Was coming in half term to sign contracts etc. Never rang to make the appointment and never turned up at all. Rang three weeks ago apologising she had lost my phone number!!!!! open the yellow pages where you found it the first time then. Made an appointment to come two days later. My day off waited in all day and never showed. She has now lost these places as I am doing a short term contract for the next 4 weeks and seeing someone tomorrow wanting two places one of which is an under 5. Will be able to help her after Christmas but not before but her loss.

I am possibly not the best person to ask as recently I have had two families actually sign contracts and then never take up the place and in the meantime I have turned others away.

beccas
17-11-2009, 08:51 PM
I would contact her and say that someone had made an enquiry about the same place she wants and did she still want it as you would rather offer it to her as she contacted you first but you need to know asap so youcan inform other parent. make it sound like youare doing them a favour