PDA

View Full Version : Two babies

elaineg
03-03-2008, 09:21 PM
I know this is a long way off but, two of my parents have just told me the good news that they are expected new babies, both parents are about 12 weeks gone, but both have expressed their delight and told me to expect the new baby. What would my chances be of getting a variation to look after two babies of the same age, when I am looking after their older siblings. love both the children and both sets of parents are great, would hate to lose either.

love Elaine XXX.

Lou
03-03-2008, 09:23 PM
I wouldnt stress about it yet, its such a long way off, esp afer maternity leave etc.

Im sure it wont be a problem getting a variation if and when you need it, but like i say worry about it when it comes around x

LittleMissSparkles
03-03-2008, 09:24 PM
I'm sorry Elaine I havent a clue, I would thin it would be dependant on what other children you has at the time really as they would be the same age iyswim x

sarah707
03-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Maternity leave goes on forever nowadays doesn't it? I have a mum who is talking about taking 9 months off work... and she's only 12 weeks gone now! Got it all planned out...

Lots change their shifts or don't go back as well... so I wouldn't worry yet. :D

lindylou
03-03-2008, 09:33 PM
I had this problem 11 years ago i put in to mind 6 with an assistant because of it and got passed.
As the others say dont worry yet think about it nearer the tome
Linxx

sandy
03-03-2008, 09:55 PM
Hi,

I have just got a variation for 2 babies at the same time. One is a sibling and the other a newie. Both are due to start in sept when they will be about 5 months old ( neither born yet ).

My variation was granted during my recent inspection. Inspector did it on the laptop there and then.

She did say that they never let you go over 6 under 8yrs though.

Hope that helps

Sandy x

Annie_T
03-03-2008, 11:59 PM
i wouldnt worry just yet hun but i cant see a problem but does depend what kids you have when they do come to you

just sit and wait hun all you can do

miffy
04-03-2008, 07:13 AM
Like everyone's said it's all a long way off so don't worry

As both would fit into providing continuous care I'm sure you'd get a variation providing it wouldn't take your number of under 8's over 6.

Sounds like hard work though

Miffy xx

brillminder
04-03-2008, 10:40 AM
if your with in your numbers they should give it to you if its for continuity care and you have space & experience start to apply when they start materinty say provisionally yes to then pending ofsted & dont for get once born to charge retainer fees to keeping space :), also i have had 4 under fives variance, & two under one given to cover that type of situatiom pm me if you have more questions ok