PDA

View Full Version : so upset

Bevbeetle
16-11-2009, 01:06 PM
sometimes i wonder why i do this job, for the last 3 years at Christmas i collect toys for our local Home Start children love doing it, anyway last year home start asked if i minded if some of the toys went to local womens refuge centre which of course i didnt , the refuge centre wrote to me and all the mindees saying it had made there Christmas.
So this year we are collecting for Home Start and Womens Refuge centre i have put it in local paper posters at local school asking for toys, cuddly toys and toiletries (the refuge need toiletries) already i have had people coming to me asking when they can drop stuff off
:angry: :angry: :angry: a parent came this morning looked at poster said im not giving anything its there own fault they havent got money, i asked it wasnt about giving money it was about helping someone who is in need more then us she replied they can go dirty for all care
i am so upset i didnt think anyone could be so cruel
sorry for long thread

beccas
16-11-2009, 01:10 PM
This is a really good idea stuff that horrible parent hope that she never gets in the same position where she needs help cos doubt she would get any!!!

I always do shoebox appeal with my mindees but would love to do the same as you how do i find out about how to do this.. I run my local network and i am sure many other minders would join in.:clapping: :clapping:

Hebs
16-11-2009, 01:11 PM
:angry: honestly :rolleyes:

RachelE
16-11-2009, 01:12 PM
That's a terrible attitude! :panic:

Even if she did think that, I wouldnt be sharing thoughts like that with people. If she has no sympathy for the adults, you'd think she might at least feel sorry for the children involved!

How awful. - She may one day require help from someone as kind as you! :rolleyes:

Well done you, its such a generous thing - giving your time to sort it all out. I hope that you get lots of things donated. :thumbsup:

Rachel x

Chatterbox Childcare
16-11-2009, 01:23 PM
There will be 1000 nice people to one horrid person

ajs
16-11-2009, 01:32 PM
i have a load of toiletries that come from hotels if they are of any use to you.
if you want them just pm me your address and i'll package them up and post them to you

it's thanks to women like you that these ladies can get away from a potentially fatal relationship. we should all be willing to support you in any way we can

Zoomie
16-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Can't believe some people.

:group hug:

LisaMcNally09
16-11-2009, 02:00 PM
Oh my god what a horrid attitude!:angry:

I would get her loads of leaflets about womens refuge and put them in her christmas card.....................................and im being serious!!!!!!

Daftbat
16-11-2009, 02:04 PM
What a horrid woman! I am so glad that none of my parents are like that.

You carry on with your good deeds - its all wonderful, well done for giving up your time.:thumbsup:

Bevbeetle
16-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Thankyou everybody you are making me feel better thanks to ajs for sending me some toiletries you are so kind if anyone else wants to send some toiletries pm i will send you my address :clapping:
just been to homebargain they got kids shampoo 30p got 20 bottles they lady on till asked me what i was going to do with it all i explained she got manager he gave me another 20 bottles free and is going to speak to his manager about some more stuff:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

ajs
16-11-2009, 02:12 PM
just packaging the stuff up and i have 3 hair colour boxes that we aren't going to use either that i will add to the parcel

how wonderful of home bargains that's really good of them too xx

helenlc
16-11-2009, 02:14 PM
Thankyou everybody you are making me feel better thanks to ajs for sending me some toiletries you are so kind if anyone else wants to send some toiletries pm i will send you my address :clapping:
just been to homebargain they got kids shampoo 30p got 20 bottles they lady on till asked me what i was going to do with it all i explained she got manager he gave me another 20 bottles free and is going to speak to his manager about some more stuff:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

How wonderful!!:clapping: :clapping:

It shows that that one persons attitude is thankfully the minority!:angry:

Well done you on doing such a fab job!! Keep it up!!:thumbsup:

wendywu
16-11-2009, 02:19 PM
I would not want to tempt fate if i were that parent. Life has an strange habit of making you eat your words.:mad:

Alibali
16-11-2009, 02:29 PM
This is a really good idea stuff that horrible parent hope that she never gets in the same position where she needs help cos doubt she would get any!!!

I always do shoebox appeal with my mindees but would love to do the same as you how do i find out about how to do this.. I run my local network and i am sure many other minders would join in.:clapping: :clapping:

I do this too, infact have just finished today and all my parents have been happy to donate, and it is so good for the children to learn at a young age about people less well off than ourselves.

Rise above it, she obviously has a problem, and perhaps hasn't ever really thought about it. a lot of responses like this have been learned from the parents own parents.

little miss chatterbox
16-11-2009, 02:39 PM
I would like to congratulate you on what you are doing!

I have been sat here today after a particularly bad day/weekend feeling very very sorry for myself and it's people like you who put other things to one side and still find the time to do things to help people!

You've shamed me out of feeling sorry for myself (well done and thank you!). I have loads of toiletries I wont use so I will get your address and send them to you aswell!

And well done to home bargains - what an amazing thing to do and fantastic customer service!

Well done you, ignore that awful parent and focus on the difference you will make to the women and the children in the refuge.

Keep up the good work you should be very very proud of yourself!

Helen Dempster
16-11-2009, 02:42 PM
I'd be MORE than happy to do something like this...but how do I go about it?? Oh, and well done all of you who already help needy people in this way :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Helen x

LOOPYLISA
16-11-2009, 02:47 PM
What a wonderful person you are :thumbsup:

flora
16-11-2009, 03:40 PM
Like twinkes says lets hope life doesn't come and bite her on the bum:(

Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

ajs
16-11-2009, 03:59 PM
posted the package to you before school pick up

i was going to put some money in the parcel but thought i'd wait until i'd paid for postage it was £7.06 so i'm not sure i can afford to send you anymore sorry.

i hope the stuff can be put to good use by someone

zillervalley
16-11-2009, 04:02 PM
what an attitude

ziller

youarewhatyoueat
16-11-2009, 05:55 PM
Perhaps we should make it our pet charity and instead of spending money on cards or presents to the mindees we should send the money to you.