PDA

View Full Version : What to add?

harrysgirl
16-11-2009, 10:52 AM
Hi
Am after some advice...my mindee's nursery has 'finally' offered to share information with me to promote our joined approach to the EYFS.
They have left their learning journal with me for the day and asked me to contribute to it - this may sound really stupid but I haven't done this before....what do you suggest I add?
(It will have to something brief as inbetween caring for the children & everything else I am a bit limited to time!!)
thanks!

Mrs.L.C
16-11-2009, 11:31 AM
Maybe something the child has really taken an interest in and a photo

Is there something new you have noticed the child do such as knowing more colours or counting backwards from 10 or starting to try and write their name

beccas
16-11-2009, 09:23 PM
My local foundation unit work with me but that is only because i am in their face every day asking questions and using termanlogy thatthey understand, i give them my mindees learning journal every term so they take a copy of anything new and add it to their file.. i now use a contract that states permission given to myself and other setting so we can discuss everything. if you want a copy pm me your email and i will send it i got it off the internet but cant remember where.

sarah707
16-11-2009, 09:38 PM
Last time I contributed, I took a photo of a display the child had made and wrote a little bit about how he met the 6 areas of learning and development through the activity.

:D

Twinkles
16-11-2009, 11:07 PM
The pre school one of my mindees attends doesn't do learning journals and doesn't want to see mine.

They are very happy to have a meeting with me ( but only during pre school session as they don't get long for lunch ! )

I thought I might do a sheet with pics of me and my own family and pets. And the names ( first names only ) of the other children here as she might mention them at pre school.
Maybe also a sheet of what we get up to in the school holidays.

Mrs.L.C
17-11-2009, 11:41 AM
I have also asked 2 other settings I have dropped off at if they would be willing to write things once a term in a seperate diary/note book and keep it in the childs bag but first setting wasnt interested (seems to be a very common thing and some pre schools are not realising they have to work with other settings) and I never got the book back and the 2nd was willing to do this and thought it was a great idea but I wont be having the child thats goes there after christmas so we have decided to leave it (he has only recently started) and just chat about childs specific interest or what we have done and vise versa when I drop off/pick up