PDA

View Full Version : Funky Lunch

It's a small world
16-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Just found these fab sandwiches......thought Id share..may not necessarily be practical but fab pics....

http://www.funkylunch.com/gallery.htm

Twinkle
16-11-2009, 10:34 AM
Wow! They look fab!

I wish I was that artistic though, mine would end up looking nothing like that :D

babs
16-11-2009, 10:37 AM
they are cool. i sometimes use large cookie cutters if im feeling artistic or get the kids to use them. but dont think i could manage anything that good :laughing: :laughing:

tinynippers
16-11-2009, 10:49 AM
they are cool. i sometimes use large cookie cutters if im feeling artistic or get the kids to use them. but dont think i could manage anything that good :laughing: :laughing:

thats as far as i go cookie cutters. imagine say for example you have six children. "i want a dog" well i want a cat" "a clown for me" lol you'd be there all day..

they look amazing though. my dad would have a fit he always said to me "foods not for playing just get it down you" lol so ive printed it off so i can show him next time i see him :D :D :D

chels55
16-11-2009, 11:20 AM
that would really get fussy eaters wanting to try some

hello kitty
16-11-2009, 01:04 PM
They look brilliant. :)

jojane
07-02-2010, 06:22 PM
THEY LOOK SO GOOD.
am going to attempt some of the simpler ones, my son wants the spongebob one but that might have to wait!!
could probably prepare some of it the night before so less fiddling round at lunchtime?
i make birthday cakes so isnt too much of a stretch to attempt. cant be much more complicated than the iphone cake i made my husband!!!

Cazz
07-02-2010, 06:25 PM
I might have a go one day - I'll start just before lunch and they may be ready in time for tea :laughing:

They're really good though - it would be a shame to eat them!

Chell
07-02-2010, 07:25 PM

It is amazing how many sandwiches are eaten when they are cut into a fancy shape. I did heart sandwiches for DDs Birthday party, the kids ate loads! The ducks enjoyed the bag full of off cuts too. There was a lot of waste from the edges of the bread. :eek:

mamasheshe
07-02-2010, 07:29 PM
i like the gruffalo

jojane
07-02-2010, 07:35 PM
found this link with some less professional sandwiches!!!
http://www.gourmetmomonthego.com/2008/10/crazy-cool-sandwiches.html

keep all the offcuts for breadcrumbs to make homemade nuggets etc or to top pasta bakes.

estrelas
07-02-2010, 07:36 PM
I like these:)

sonia ann
07-02-2010, 07:39 PM
puts my squares, triangles, circles and stars to shame :( :blush:

Gizmo
07-02-2010, 08:20 PM
if I do triangles I think I am artistic :laughing: :laughing:

Blackhorse
07-02-2010, 09:20 PM
they look great

jojane
09-02-2010, 11:45 AM
not sure if this will work but look what i just made!!!

jojane
09-02-2010, 11:47 AM
ok dont think that worked. how do i show photos? i made the spongebob and makka pakka sandwiches!

Pudding Girl
09-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Ooooh a gruffallo! We are doing the gruffallo right now :)

Has anyone heard of bento boxes? http://www.flickr.com/photos/gamene/4341746457/in/pool-justbento/ now what kid wouldn't want a bit of that?? must take ages though :( we could adapt it though, I noticed on another pic they have a lunchbox with say 6 different things in served in silicone cupcake cases, that would be doable :) and the egg shapers could be fun and quick too http://justbento.com/handbook/bento-decoration-techniques/fun-japanese-egg-molds

jojane
09-02-2010, 01:17 PM
i'd bookmarked the bento site this morning - most probably take way too much time although saying that the makka pakka and spongebob sadnwiches only took about 20 min, be quicker once i get the hang of it. loads of little ideas you could use like putting carrot stars on top of the beef stew - looked cute and would hardly take 2 min.

venus89
09-02-2010, 01:59 PM
Ohwow!!
I love the sandwiches and love the Bento even more. Dh has a bento box we've never, ever used... I may have to start making him lunches :idea:

sandy64
09-02-2010, 02:13 PM
wow there both great sites will have a go try and do a party related to our topics every few mths i see a lot of wasted bread coming thanx :)

Pudding Girl
09-02-2010, 05:54 PM
wow there both great sites will have a go try and do a party related to our topics every few mths i see a lot of wasted bread coming thanx :)

No need for wastage!!!

I did heart shaped sangers today and the baby had the lef tover bread bits buttered at snack time, you can save the offcuts and make bread pudding, or breadcrumbs for topping things, making nuggets of your own, makinf bread sauce for the sunday lunch, or put them out for the birds :)

venus89
09-02-2010, 08:36 PM
:D My daughter has a Nemo sandwich in her lunchbox for tomorrw and my son has Sid from Ice Age........ :D

And, bother you, I have just spent lots of money buying stuff to make bento boxes :blush:

MrsT333
09-02-2010, 09:15 PM
they look fantastic :clapping:
however if i tried to make them, my sarnies would look like road kill :laughing:

Pudding Girl
09-02-2010, 11:48 PM
:D My daughter has a Nemo sandwich in her lunchbox for tomorrw and my son has Sid from Ice Age........ :D

And, bother you, I have just spent lots of money buying stuff to make bento boxes :blush:

apologies :D

Go on what did you buy :D I want a few egg shapers!
Am going to the £ shop tomorrow to buy silicone cake cases and they have small bento-ish lunchboxes too - having a few probs getting a mindee eating at the mo and anything that helps will... erm... help?!

venus89
10-02-2010, 12:25 PM
apologies :D

Go on what did you buy :D I want a few egg shapers!
Am going to the £ shop tomorrow to buy silicone cake cases and they have small bento-ish lunchboxes too - having a few probs getting a mindee eating at the mo and anything that helps will... erm... help?!

:D I gfound the egg shapers at the Japan Centre, would put a link up but I'm typing one handed while rocking a baby to sleep..... I got compartmentalised boxes (and new lunchbags for them to go in as my kids' ones are fairl old now). Chocolate mushroom shaped biscuits, some bento picks and rice wrappers..... I figure I can do a very simple version of a bento box. It looks fun!

My kids don't want to eat their sandwiches today - they want to use them for show and tell :laughing:

Pudding Girl
10-02-2010, 06:39 PM
got a winnie the pooh clicky lunch box that's about the right size, got large and mini cases in pink and orange :) will look at http://www.japancentre.com/ thank you lots! (could you mould grated cheese or babybels do you think??

venus89
10-02-2010, 08:51 PM
got a winnie the pooh clicky lunch box that's about the right size, got large and mini cases in pink and orange :) will look at http://www.japancentre.com/ thank you lots! (could you mould grated cheese or babybels do you think??

I was thinking about slicing cheese (or possibly buying cheese slices as it may be easier to do with them) and using small cookie cutters to make shapes. Babybells I reckon you could carve into things :D

I discovered today that they even have 'weiner moulds' so you can turn hot dog bits into octopi and things like that! Why on earth do us English pepole have such boring lunchboxes?