PDA

View Full Version : please help asap - parent coming round!

charliegee
16-11-2009, 09:33 AM
my parent just phoned to say LO has a chest infection - are we allowed to have onsite in this case?

on antibiotics?

x

LisaMcNally09
16-11-2009, 09:37 AM
Hiya,

It depends on how ill the child is with it? If they are gonna impact on your daily routine then i would say they cant come. If they are well in theirself (sp?) then as long as a medication form is completed for the antibiotics i dont see a problem.

hth

Lisa

jaja
16-11-2009, 09:38 AM
Depends on you!

I take children as long as they are not too bad or contastious(sp?) if they need there mummy then i dont...

It also depends who else you have today? if you are full is it fair to the others if you are giving this child more care because they are poorly...

Hope this helps and good luck with whatever you decide...

xx

suzyblue
16-11-2009, 09:39 AM
I believe so. I would anyway as long as the child is generally ok and is not crying all day.

Mollymop
16-11-2009, 09:40 AM
I would take the child in, as it is not contagious in itself. But if she is poorly and not able to carry on like normal I would ask mum to keep her at home.
x

Goatgirl
16-11-2009, 09:47 AM
:) Hi,
As I understand it, a chest infection is not usually contagious. I think its the cold or flu which pecedes it that was.... (not entirely sure though. What did doctor say? can you trust that the parent would give you this information?)
...so as others have said its down to you being able or willing to care for the LO depending how well they are in themselves.
Make sure the antibiotics label has the child's name and dosage very clearly marked and record what you give them and times.. then get parent to sign on collection. You will need an administering (prescription) medication permission form signed too. :-)

bws,
Wendy

youarewhatyoueat
16-11-2009, 01:06 PM
I don't take any child on antibiotics unless they have taken the medication for a minimum of 12 hours without a reaction. I wouldn't take if the child had been to the docs in the morning and put straight on to medication before arriving.