PDA

View Full Version : Thinking ahead!!

Jemima77
13-11-2009, 10:13 PM
Have any of you had to inform your parents that you are pregnant? and how about the mindees? (mine are all between 2 and 5)
I was thinking when that I would buy them all a cartoon type picture book that shows what happens throughout the pregnancy and give it to their mums to go through it with them so they know what is happening and why.
Do you think this would be a good idea or not?...any others greatly appreciated.
Thank you xxxxxx

Roseolivia
14-11-2009, 08:55 AM
I didn't tell my parents i was pregnant in case anything happened which it did as i miscarried at 11 weeks. I think it's a personal thing, do you tell your family and friends??

Mollymop
14-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Sorry I have no advice but didn't want to read and run.

Bumping post up for you x

Nat78
14-11-2009, 05:08 PM
I have a seven month old. I didn't tell parents until after my first scan and told parents I had hospital appointment, so I didn't technically lie. After scan I told them when I next saw them and What time I planned to have off (around six weeks if everything went to plan) and told parents I would do all I could to help find cover for my maternity. They were great and really happy for us and said it wasn't a problem having time off and constantly reassured me they would return after I had my baby. They were really supportive, especially towards the end when I didn't do as many outings and stuff with them and again in first few weeks after return to work. I was really lucky and couldn't have asked for better parents. As for the children, I hust took it as it came and explained and answered questions as the arose, after discussing with parents how to deal with it. I told the children when it became more obvious I was pregnant and they were fine, luckily I didn't get any awkward questions!!!

little chickee
15-11-2009, 11:56 AM
i tend to keep the news that i am pregnant to immediate family only until it gets to the point that it noticable to others.

i find it a very personal thing and prefer not to tell people until i absolutely have to - my 3rd pregnancy ended at 18 weeks and when i got pregnant again i didnt tell anyone outside of immediate family until i was 20 weeks and so fat that everyone had guessed anyway!

i wouldnt tell mindees parents until after my 2nd scan and i think a book is a nice way to introduce the idea to mindees especially those with no younger siblings who haven't experience their mum being pregnant so might not know much about it.

mandy moo
15-11-2009, 05:51 PM
It highley unlikley Ill be pregnant again as Im 43, have 2 boys of 11 and 8 and feel I really dont want to go thro all that again:D

But if I was, no I wouldnt tell until the pregnacy was at least 12-16 weeks to 'be on the safe side'.
Simply because my 1st pregnancy ended in misscarrige, my 2nd gave us our 11 yr old and then MC again before I conceived our 8yr old.