PDA

View Full Version : Colour Coded Bedding

button68
03-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Obviously I would put clean bedding on for each child using my travel cot, however it seemed SO obvious I never mentioned it in any of my procedure/policies.

But, you learn the most amazing things on this site......

I read on here that a few of you have a separate colour bedding for each child and I have decided to implement that too - if I end up with two babies/toddlers needing the cot.

Where do I state this? In the Health and Hygiene or in Sleeping Baby or elsewhere?

Twinkles
03-03-2008, 07:08 PM
I don't have colour coded bedding but I do have a bag for each child that contains their cot sheet and blanket, their fav cuddly toy and if they use one a dummy.
I state this in my health and hygiene policy.

angeldelight
03-03-2008, 07:10 PM
My daughters nursery use colour coded bedding

I am not a nursery

My sheets are clean and get plonked on the cot when I need them for each child

They all bring their own bags with dummy and cuddly toy etc

Angel xx

Lou
03-03-2008, 07:10 PM
My daughters nursery use colour coded bedding

I am not a nursery

My sheets are clean and get plonked on the cot when I need them for each child

They all bring their own bags with dummy and cuddly toy etc

Angel xx

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banana
03-03-2008, 07:26 PM
I do like the idea but I think its a bit too regimented to fit in with my style of minding. In all honesty i'd find it too much faffing.

But brilliant if its what you like and you are happy then thats all that matters :)

xxxxx

button68
03-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Come on girls don't make me add madness to my list of worries.

I know someone on here mentioned a specific colour for each child.......

sarah707
03-03-2008, 07:37 PM
I have different colours for different children - the older ones pick it for the little ones if they are too young to pick it for themselves.

M aged 3 has a pink blanket - she chose it herself... W aged 2 has a yellow blanket - to go with his yellow duck he brings from home (his idea)... baby has 2 blue cot sheets and a little blue blanket - chosen by my dd one day in town.

It's easier as they each know their own colour and take it when they want to lie down. It gets washed overnight and it's dry again for the next morning - I do so much washing anyway what with toys that need a quick whizz that it really isn't a problem. :D

angeldelight
03-03-2008, 07:41 PM
I have different colour plastic cups for the children and they each have their own

It teaches them the colours and they also get to know what colour each other have

Thats about my lot - forget the sheets

Great if you want to do it though

Angel xx

lisat
03-03-2008, 10:02 PM
i would just put it in your health and hygiene policy. i too remember a post about this a while ago!!!!

Lisa xx

Noodles
03-03-2008, 10:20 PM
I just use clean bedding for each child . Too much hassle to have colour coded bedding.

angeldelight
03-03-2008, 10:27 PM
Knowing me - I would give the wrong colour to the wrong child haha

xxx

Noodles
03-03-2008, 10:30 PM
Knowing me - I would give the wrong colour to the wrong child haha

xxx

Yeh especially by Friday they would be lucky to get bedding never mind matching bedding :laughing: :laughing:
Only kidding by the way all my mindees do get bedding :laughing:

angeldelight
03-03-2008, 10:36 PM
Yeah I knew you were kidding haha

Funny

xx

Spangles
03-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Colour coded bedding would be way too complicated for me I'm afraid but it sounds like an idea Ofsted would love though.

angeldelight
03-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Yeah if your in a nursery Lorri !

xx

Heaven Scent
04-03-2008, 08:36 AM
How often do you all wash your bedding I do it once a week 1 child attends 5 days only uses a fitted sheet cause sleeps in a grow bag. The other only attends 2 days and now only uses a fitted sheet as brings own blanket. I used to have all yellow stuff for him so never mixed the bedding and I have 3 travel cot/playpens so they have own cots. I must admit I used to have to change fitted sheet for 2 day child when he was younger as used to dribble milk on the sheet. I often changed it after every sleep. but if they haven't got a cold or are not dribbling I only change it once per week - on their last day.- Am I very bad?

Celine

sarah707
04-03-2008, 09:52 AM
I do it every night... and tumble it before I go to bed then it's ready for the morning... but then I do soooo much washing anyway that it's just a few more bits and bobs in the machine :D

angeldelight
04-03-2008, 09:53 AM
I also do it every day

I wash for the sake of it sometimes though - anything and everything ha

xxx

berkschick
04-03-2008, 09:56 AM
I never thought of this!

I only have cream sheets but they bring their own blankets anyway.

But I have 2 travel cots so they are both freshly made up each day that I need them. I tend to put the same child in the same cot too.

Noodles
04-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Mine are washed mon/wed and fri and inbetween if needs be :)

angeldelight
04-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Yeah me too Debbie - same cot !! Just not together ha

Angel xx

Cammie Doodle
06-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Mine all have a Crochet Blanket that Grannie (my Mum) made for them,(everyone has a different colour. When a new child starts she sends another blanket. She even makes them for all my mindees so they have one for travelling in the car. :)

Heaven Scent
06-03-2008, 11:38 PM
Aw thats lovely

Celine

miffy
07-03-2008, 07:55 AM
Mine all have a Crochet Blanket that Grannie (my Mum) made for them,(everyone has a different colour. When a new child starts she sends another blanket. She even makes them for all my mindees so they have one for travelling in the car. :)

That's a lovely idea June - your mum could start a business :)

Miffy xx

angeldelight
07-03-2008, 08:06 AM
That is lovely how nice

Angel xx

deeb66
08-03-2008, 05:06 PM
I use colour coded flannels and towels but not bedding.

I wash them everyday so the sheets and stuff that I use is always clean before it goes the child uses them!

I put in my Hygiene policy that each child has clean bedding every day which is provided and washed by me.

angeldelight
11-03-2008, 09:55 PM
I also add that information Dee about the clean bedding

Angel xx