PDA

View Full Version : Realy horrid nappies - what would you do?

Toothfairy
13-11-2009, 03:19 PM
I have a 10 month old mindee on a Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

This week, on the Wednesday she had 2 realy horrid nappies.
Very runny, very smelly and yellow in colour. It all squished out of the top of the nappy and out from the legs. This happend twice on Wednesday.
I told the parents when they picked up and explained that she had not eaten much and seemed a bit fractious and that I had upped her water intake as I felt she had a tummy upset and didnt want her dihydrating.

When she came on Thursday morning they said she had been fine all night, but she had 3 dirty nappies with me again that day all runny and yellow.

Today it has happened again, 2 very runny yellow nappies (almost like runny porridge).

I have written in her day book and I will tell them face to face tonight that I think if she is the same again with them tomorrow, that maybe they should think about giving their GP or HV a call.

Would you have done any different?

Nat78
13-11-2009, 03:31 PM
I would ask for child to be collected if nappies like this are not normal for them. Seems like she has some sort of bug. If so ask them to keep them home till recommended time has past since last episode. Inform if another happens when return to your care they will have to come and collect if you feel this is necessary as you have others to think about as well. Could the nappies be due to teething? One of mine got horrible nappies but fine in every other way every time she started cutting a tooth, once the tooth was through nappies went back to normal.

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
13-11-2009, 03:35 PM
This sounds very familiar my ds had it not so long ago, sour smell to the nappies as well. It turned out to be rotavirus, highly contagious so keep an eye on urself and others x

Toothfairy
13-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Yes, the nappies have a very sour smell to them.

On Wednesday, I did say that if she was the same on Thursday, not to bring her, but when they dropp off they say she is fine. But low and behold she has horrid nappies again.

Mollymop
13-11-2009, 04:44 PM
You can't win sometimes can you - the parents say she is fine so you take her in but then you find she is not well after all.

It's also hard when they are young as you can't be sure what it is that is wrong.

I would probably have phoned today for her to be collected.

I hope mum takes her to the docs, you know what some parents are like - if it were my child I would have had her to the docs today seeing as though it had carried on for more tham 48.

Hope she is well again soon

suzyblue
13-11-2009, 04:51 PM
I had the same and parents said the child was fine at home and nappies were due to his cold. We all ended up getting it but by this time the original child was on the mend. Today he is the only child in as all the others are off sick. Luckily (?!!) for me I got it last weekend.

TheBTeam
13-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Thank my lucky stars it was in the nappy not in pants like the one I had today while the child was sleeping!!:laughing:

pinklady
14-11-2009, 06:00 PM
I've been through this recently with one of my mindees but I think she was teething.

babs
14-11-2009, 08:22 PM
i have horrid nappies everyday but then i think every dirty nappy is horride :laughing: :laughing: on a serious note mindee is teething and had her injections this week too ......