PDA

View Full Version : had enough

lou lou
13-11-2009, 12:34 PM
hi does anyone get days when they have just had enough at the moment i look after two little boys who just fight and are naughty everyday just seems a bad day, i have a little girl who sometimes needs me and just dont seem to have any time for her as i am allways sorting them out, thought childminding would be good for me so i could stay at home and look after my little girl but does not seem that way sometimes as i have to be constantly on them they bite, push, hit and my little girl is just scared and does not want to play, does anyone else feel like this.

Tired
13-11-2009, 12:46 PM
yes, i feel that way right now!!!!

only a few hours to go till the weekend.

good luck with the afternoon.

Hebs
13-11-2009, 12:50 PM
i felt like that ALL week last week, i really think the weather affects my moods though :blush:

lou lou
13-11-2009, 01:34 PM
yes the weather does not help but they really are reducing me to tears, they are asleep now thank god

Roseolivia
13-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Yes, at the moment all the time.

AliceK
13-11-2009, 01:50 PM
I felt like that this morning. Mindee was just constantly whinging. She was for some reason incredibly tired and unusually hardly ate anything at lunchtime so whether she is just V tired or whether she is coming down with something I'm not sure. She is asleep now until we go to do the school run so hopefully she might feel better when she wakes up. I kept reminding myself this morning that just the other day I was thinking how lucky I was and that I had the best job in the world :)

xxxxxx

The Juggler
13-11-2009, 02:10 PM
mine were a bit like that until they went off to sleep 1/2 hour ago. I think it is down to tiredness - I took them to softplay this morning and I think they were exhausted!

I also find it harder to cope when I'm not in a good place (as Hebs said). Me and DH have had 2 close friends pass away in the space of 3 weeks and it's not easy to cope with. I find I can hold it together with the mindees but expect my dd and ds to understand and behave (which of course they don't:blush: ) so I am probably not the nicest mummy at the moment.

lou lou
13-11-2009, 02:21 PM
it can be very hard sometimes being a childminder and to be cheerfull all the time especially when things are going on in your life, sorry to hear about your friends i have a mum who has got cancer and sometimes everything can just get you down and then i find it hard to allways be happy

melanieabigail2004
13-11-2009, 03:37 PM
I felt like this on Wed when 2 year old mindee proceeded to bite my daughter (nearly 3) on the face and leave teeth marks :(

lou lou
13-11-2009, 07:13 PM
thats not good my little girl who is three got bit on her hand and made it bleed, and she did nothing to deserve it, how do you deal with it when they bite?

The Juggler
13-11-2009, 09:45 PM
it can be very hard sometimes being a childminder and to be cheerfull all the time especially when things are going on in your life, sorry to hear about your friends i have a mum who has got cancer and sometimes everything can just get you down and then i find it hard to allways be happy

oh, Lou, so sorry to hear about your mum. Hope things with her treatment are going well.xx

Jemima77
13-11-2009, 11:11 PM
It is hard when they are playing up and they all seem to do it at the same time!!!! For me it is doing the school run and getting all their shoes/coats on whilst having to catch them from running away from me and throwing tantrums cos they dont want to go out!!!!! My friend recently had to let a child of hers go because he was constantly biting and kicking her own child and other mindees and making their lives a misery.....she covered herself by having a policy on bullying/behaviour xxxx

mumx3
15-11-2009, 09:34 PM
not had to deal with behaviour like that but I have a couple of new mindees still settling in and it really saps the attention to the point that my own little one is starting to be very naughty! It is simply attention seeking behaviour, but really makes me feel guilty and stress at the same time.

This job is by no means easy is it!

Curly Quavers
15-11-2009, 09:51 PM
I felt like this my first 8 weeks of being registered. I felt really guilty that I was putting my own girls through this with the problem mindee but things just seemed to click.

In the end the mindee came good! it will get better and will be worth it. I started minding for the same reasons as you and a promise it will get better,

Good luck for next week
x