PDA

View Full Version : Bird Feeders

Mrs Argyle
13-11-2009, 11:53 AM
Does anyone know how to make an easy bird feeder. ?

tammerisk
13-11-2009, 12:02 PM
i made these the other week

yougut pot string lard and bird seed

sofen lard either on hob or in micro wave (only spffen don't melt it)
mix in bird seed (hands can be used!!!!!)
pirce hole in bottom of yogurt pot and tread spring through(remember to tie big know it the end)
swish in mixture and put in fridge to harden for about an hour
hang on washing line or anything else you can tie it to!

Nat78
13-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Get some slices of bread and push ribbon,string through to hang up with. Leave the bread on the side for it to go hard (or toast it), spread peanut butter or jam over the bread and then press into the bird seed. Place in freezer and hang outside. The only problem is it needs to be placed somewhere dry or else it disintigrates in the rain.
Another one is get some pine cones and fill gaps with jam/peanut butter again and press into seed.

Hope these help

It's a small world
13-11-2009, 12:31 PM
We got a pine cone tie some ribbon round it and then get a ...mixture of lard and bird food and smeared it all over the pine cone....hung it out and was gone in a day....

beccas
13-11-2009, 12:53 PM
look on rspca bids and you can find one using a popbottle and a bit of wire/string and a piece of dowel but i used lolly sticks.

Mrs Argyle
17-11-2009, 08:56 AM
Thank you everyone for your ideas :clapping:

Michelle M
17-11-2009, 01:01 PM
We got a pine cone tie some ribbon round it and then get a ...mixture of lard and bird food and smeared it all over the pine cone....hung it out and was gone in a day....

Same idea but with peanut butter and bird seed x

aly
17-11-2009, 01:25 PM
the kids made some recently..

They hadan apple [core the middle] then used string wool and fold it. put the loop through the middle of the apple then loop a stick [i used the sticks for plants] so the birds sit on them...then they put pmumpkin seends into the apple all around.
Here is a pic..it is actually upside down lol as it is rotting now with the rain, but to give an idea.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/7131/SAM_2256.jpg

Mrs Argyle
17-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Wow thanks.