PDA

View Full Version : anybody got a 8 seater car?

edayhouse
13-11-2009, 09:15 AM
I currently have a 7 seater galaxy which i love but next year i would like to get a 8 seater as for one day per week i am going to have 7 kids (including my 2) to ferry about in the car.

Anyone got a 8 seater? What make and what is it like?
Thanks

Amaranth
13-11-2009, 09:21 AM
I don't have one any more but I used to have an 8 seater. I had a Fiat Ulysse. It was great and I loved it. The only reason I got rid of it was because I needed something with a bigger engine to pull my caravan!
It was nice and easy for getting all kids in and out of as it had sliding doors and the seats in the middle row folded fully forwards so it was easy to get into the back. Not a massive amount of boot space but I still managed to get my double pram in!
The Citroen C8 and peugeot 807 are the same as the Ulysse. :thumbsup:

moogster1a
13-11-2009, 09:24 AM
I've got an 8 seater Toyota Lucida and I love it. The seats can swivel into loads of combinations and I can almost stand up in the back which is fantastic for strapping into carseats. Highly recommended.
I got it from Ebay for £1200 a year ago and it's never let me down

Willowdancer
13-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Yes - I've got a Peugeot 807 and its fab. My only complaint so far is the lack of boot space when all the seats are in, but that seems to go for the majority of the MPVs anyway.

Apart from that it runs nicely and is quite nippy for a monster car - quite handy on the school run :)

youarewhatyoueat
14-11-2009, 05:32 PM
I don't have one any more but I used to have an 8 seater. I had a Fiat Ulysse. It was great and I loved it. The only reason I got rid of it was because I needed something with a bigger engine to pull my caravan!
It was nice and easy for getting all kids in and out of as it had sliding doors and the seats in the middle row folded fully forwards so it was easy to get into the back. Not a massive amount of boot space but I still managed to get my double pram in!
The Citroen C8 and peugeot 807 are the same as the Ulysse. :thumbsup:

This is what i've got and you can either have it as a 7 seater or put a bench seat in the back and take out the 2 back seats. You can pick up the bench seat on ebay for between £100 and £200 and it fits in the c8 the 807 and the ulysee.Also one of the only boots that can fit a double mothercare urban in without putting any seats down.

Chatterbox Childcare
14-11-2009, 05:57 PM
I have a Toyota Previa - lots of boot space, even with 8 people in (I get a 3 wheeler double buggy in the back)

Quite high on tax and insurance but most MPV are.

Only down side on changing your car now is that you could only claim 10% depreciation (previously 20%) unless you are doing mileage at .40p

brightstar
15-11-2009, 05:32 PM
I've got a Toyota Previa too, i've managed to fit a double and triple buggy in the boot at the same time! I love the sliding doors being on both sides as it makes it so much easier to get the LO's out safely.

Monkey1
15-11-2009, 06:19 PM
I have a toyota Largo, which is good but still prefered my Toyota Emina which i had for 3 years before it went to the scrapyard in the sky!:(

sonia ann
16-11-2009, 07:58 AM
I am on my 2nd Toyota Praevia....I love it and wouldn't be without it:)