PDA

View Full Version : can sombody confirm this please???

LittleStar's
12-11-2009, 09:13 PM
It says on my Reg Cert -

4 children under the age of 8
no more than 1 within eyfs group ( I have 2 children myself age 1 and 3 )

So I look after 1 yr old on monday and a 9mnth old tues-fri

The other week i got an enquiry for 3 after school places
twin 4 yr olds in reception and a 7 yr old all one family!

I turned this down as i only have one space for under 5's

But i went to drop in and was talking about vacancy's etc and mentioned this , the other childminders said i could have taken this on!

Is that right!!!!

if it is I am sooo GUTTED!!!!!! :eek:

balloon
12-11-2009, 09:17 PM
When 4 year olds are attending school for 10 sessions a week (ie all day every day) they count as 5 year olds for the purpose of your numbers. (IN England at least, not sure of tis the same if you're covered by CC)

so yes you lost out, sorry ! :(

edited to add - why does your cert says in eyfs group not under 5? Is this a new thing? Mine says under 8, under 5 and under 1...

miffy
12-11-2009, 09:20 PM
If you still have the person's number you could ring and see if they're sorted yet.

Miffy xx

LittleStar's
12-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Thankyou for your fast response!!!

They should say that on the course really but there was no mention of it!

How very annoying!!!!

LittleStar's
12-11-2009, 09:25 PM
There is another lesson to learn from!!! I didnt take a number and she rang on withheld number!!!

I am so gutted you wouldnt believe , My husband has just been made redundant and i have been desperatly searching for after schooly's with no look other than this!!!!

Oh well my fault!!!! never mind!!!!

LittleStar's
12-11-2009, 09:28 PM
When 4 year olds are attending school for 10 sessions a week (ie all day every day) they count as 5 year olds for the purpose of your numbers. (IN England at least, not sure of tis the same if you're covered by CC)

so yes you lost out, sorry ! :(

edited to add - why does your cert says in eyfs group not under 5? Is this a new thing? Mine says under 8, under 5 and under 1...

not sure had to double check it then, it says under one aswell but not under 5!

balloon
12-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Maybe yours in under 6 then? Id email ofsted and ask for clarification on ages as its not very clear.

x

Mouse
12-11-2009, 09:36 PM
I thought they were all saying in the EYFS group now, not under 5, as it all changed when EYFS came in. The younger group now goes to the August after the child's 5th birthday, not upto the age of 5.

Those of us with old certificates were supposed to be sent new ones. I'd check why yours hasn't been updated.

LittleStar's
12-11-2009, 09:40 PM
After a little searching on google I have found an advert that the parent wrote!!! :laughing:

So fingers crossed she hasnt found anyone yet!!!! :jump for joy: