PDA

View Full Version : looks like i'm having to give it all up!

chewy sweets
12-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Can see me having to give up childminding for financial issues and for my relationship with my parnter. Am going to start looking for work in the morning!!!!:(

Pudding Girl
12-11-2009, 08:08 PM
What's happened?

Chatterbox Childcare
12-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Doesn't sound good. Hope you are okay

Keep your registration - you never know when you might need it

sarah707
12-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Oh Katie that is so sad.

I am really sorry you are feeling like this.

Would sleeping on it for a few days help? Or having a really big recruitment push before giving it all up?

Hugs xx

chewy sweets
12-11-2009, 08:17 PM
my partner and i are having financial issues with us both being self employed. Me childminding is putting a strain on our relationship as he feels the home doesn't feel like his own anymore. I had notice given to me today by my full time mindees mum. So i think i's time to call it a day. If i get a job else where but decide to go back to cminding at any point would i have to re register???

Merry-Minder
12-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Thats a shame, but good luck with whatever you decide to do.x

Pudding Girl
12-11-2009, 08:38 PM
That's sad, you've only not long started too. Seems such a waste of your time to have gone through the process and give up so soon.

Did your fella not think about the reality of cming?

Ripeberry
12-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Keep your registration, you can dip in and out of it for up to 3yrs as long as you DON'T cancel it. If Ofsted ring to inspect, just tell them that you are not minding at present but will keep registration, they may inspect anyway and you will only get Satisfactory, but at least if business picks up, you are raring to go!
Good luck in your new job hunt...maybe try local nurseries or pre-schools?

ORKSIE
12-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Such a shame.
Good luck in your job hunting:)

Hebs
12-11-2009, 09:26 PM
I had notice given to me today by my full time mindees mum. So i think i's time to call it a day.

my first full timers left not long after starting,

however 10 months after registering i am FULL, you only registered in July, it's early days x x

good luck in whatever you decide to do

miffy
12-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Sorry to hear this - hope you manage to find a job you enjoy quickly.

Keep your registration open for a while just in case things change

Miffy xx

Little Pumpkins
13-11-2009, 07:03 AM
I can understand where your coming from

I gave up firstly due to having two children under two myself now, but also because I wa sfed up chasing money (I have been to county court and won, sent bailiffs etc and stillno payment nearly 2 years later)and also my dh hated all the signs etc in the house

Im happy on maternity leave right now, Ive resigned through ofsted

suzyblue
13-11-2009, 07:26 AM
I've found it hard sometimes and being a single parent with a large mortgage to pay its been very stressful. I moved house when I split from my partner and it took a while to pick up but now I'm turning them away, I have an assistant and am in the process of increasing my numbers. Its always hard to start with but it will get better. Definitely keep your registration, can you advertised to work with another childminder in their home? Or working in a playgroup or nursery can get you known and help you build up a circle of prospective parents. Good luck in whatever you decide to do, hope it hasnt put you off forever though.

The Juggler
13-11-2009, 07:36 AM
sorry to hear that. you need to do what's best for you and your partner.

Pipsqueak
13-11-2009, 08:04 AM
[QUOTE=chewy sweets;572036]my partner and i are having financial issues with us both being self employed. QUOTE]

I can totally empathise where you are coming from on this one, both me (obviously!) and Bri are S/E and it can be very hard going at times. I supplement my work by doing the Support and Vacancy stuff - which is more regular pay than the minding sometimes. I know this option isn't open to everyone though.

wendywu
13-11-2009, 08:16 AM
You can always pick up the minding again if you change your mind. Sometimes a change is as good as a rest to help you see what you want to do.

youarewhatyoueat
13-11-2009, 08:33 AM
I had to buy a shed to put all the minding stuff in, I work 3 full days and then clear up, everything goes away and the house becomes a home again until sunday night. I don't put posters up and financially we are so much better off than we were. Have you done your nvq3 as it makes you more employable in nurseries etc. Thats one of the reasons I registered to access all the free training so I can work elsewhere and do less minding as my children grow up. But I do have full support of my dh, mainly because I can earn much more than him!!

PixiePetal
13-11-2009, 09:23 AM
Could you find an evening/weekend job until CM picks up? Then you could still do part time minding and if it all takes off well, give up the other job.

Other minders on the forum have done that.

You don't need to have your house taken over with posters etc- I bought one of those plastic hanging display things that takes A4 pics (including certificate and Ofsted poster :thumbsup: ) and used to take it down in the evening.
Toys were boxed and hidden behind furniture etc. I bought pine toy cupboards to hide a lot and look nice in the sitting room so it didn't look like a playroom for us.

Keep up the registration for now, it is harder to get it back than just restart if you change your mind.

Good luck with what you decide xxhugsxx

CherryBlossom
13-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Sorry to hear this. I agree don't give up your registration.
things might work out for you, and I hope they do
xxx

brightstar
13-11-2009, 06:46 PM
I'm sorry to hear you are giving up Katie, but I know how hard it is in our area at the moment. A friend of mine has decided to give up too, but she's kept her registration for now. I hope you manage to find a job. My DH also moans about the toys and equipment sometimes, but also teases me for being lucky enough to have my "dream job". Without his support I would be floundering too. Maybe you'll get enquiries before you manage to get a job, so I would keep your options open. Perhaps Hubby will change his mind when he see's the money rolling in.

Mollymop
13-11-2009, 06:48 PM
That is a shame mate, I hope that you find something that you like doing where you will be happy - good luck hunni