PDA

View Full Version : just wondering what your symptoms were

ajs
12-11-2009, 06:52 PM
as every one experiences flu differently i was wondering what were your symptoms and how did they affect you

today i have a headache from hell and feel quite sick so i have eaten nothing ( which is never normal for me even with a bad cold i eat normally)

i am extremely tired and achey and have been on the sofa since 11 o clock wrapped in a blanekt as i am so cold and i have slept on and off all day
but i am not sure if i have a temprerature although i do feel very hot
i don't have a cough or sore throat or diarrheoa

i know my daughter has had this bug and this morning i did wonder if she had swine flu but she never complained of all of the symptoms just the bad head

what do you think

Alibali
12-11-2009, 06:56 PM
A lot of local people here have had similar symptoms which I guess is swine flu. Starts with a VERY sore head and sore eyes, high temp that lasts for days, achy and shivery (and tearful-but maybe thats just me) and then a cough develops, it all happens very quickly. I never got a sore throat or runny nose at all which was weird.

tinynippers
12-11-2009, 06:59 PM
sorry to say its going round every where even here in cyprus, for the last week ive felt terrible. pretty much the same symtoms. so cuddle up with a hot chocolate with your feet up. it only lasts a couple of days or so and feel better soon xxxxx

sarah707
12-11-2009, 07:15 PM
From local cases, it's the very high temperature and sickness that seem to be getting people first.

Sorry you're not well ajs, take it easy xx

flora
12-11-2009, 07:18 PM
When Nige and I were Ill.

Our gp said if you were not presenting with the high temp and upset stomach plus all the others it was probably just another very similar virus.

Hope you feel better soon :thumbsup:

Dragonfly
12-11-2009, 07:34 PM
I dont think anyone can say its swine flu without a throat swab or blood test, just quessing. Hope anyone who is ill with winter flu or a virus gets better very soon so horrid being out of sorts.

miffy
12-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Feel better soon Mandy!

Miffy xx

LOOPYLISA
12-11-2009, 08:22 PM
Hope your feeling better soon :thumbsup:

All i know is that when i had flu i couldnt get up let alone go on the laptop :thumbsup:

Winnie
12-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Well you've got a virus love :) probably swine flu :( I had similar symptoms back in July and was prescribed Tamiflu, i still do not really know if it was swine flu but i was in bed for two days and then on the sofa for two days and managed by the end of the week to actually stay upright all day :laughing: I had an awful headache, high temperature was sick once and eventually developed a gritty chest- but just a 'normal' cough.....not bad for an asthmatic. I was tired for a fortnight. Just take it easy and it will pass- you are supposed to stay off work until you're better anyway :thumbsup:

Blackhorse
12-11-2009, 08:34 PM
A lot of local people here have had similar symptoms which I guess is swine flu. Starts with a VERY sore head and sore eyes, high temp that lasts for days, achy and shivery (and tearful-but maybe thats just me) and then a cough develops, it all happens very quickly. I never got a sore throat or runny nose at all which was weird.

this is exactly what happened to me...although my throat got sore from all the caughing....

and whether it is swine flu or not...to me doesnt really make a difference..it is a flu and you feel rotten..some people get it worse others not so bad...
hopefully you will fell better soon whatever the cause!

FizzysFriends
12-11-2009, 08:59 PM
my brother has it at the moment.

He had a cough start Saturday evening by night he had a high temp, was shiverring, achey, didn't eat or drink and was diagnosed with flu and sent tamiflu although he chose not to take it.

Heaven Scent
12-11-2009, 09:54 PM
During half term I had something similar to what you are describing and it only really lasted for 48 hrs. I have been experiencing aching muscles and joints for over 3 weeks now though but its a lot better than it has been this week. I felt that unwell on the first night that I did get my N to look up the symptoms of Swine Flu on the internet I didn't have many of them so I relaxed and as I was feeling a bit better the next day I came to the conclusion it was some other type of bug I'd picked up.

Hope you are feeling much better soon.

Pipsqueak
12-11-2009, 10:24 PM
Feel better AJ xx

ORKSIE
12-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Hope you feel better very soon X

ajs
13-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Hope your feeling better soon :thumbsup:

All i know is that when i had flu i couldnt get up let alone go on the laptop :thumbsup:

this is why i was asking about your symptoms and how each of us feel them differently

i am feeling much better today, i still have the headache from hell and achey joints but i don't feel sick and my temp is completely normal
i don't know what's wrong with me at the mo i never used to get anything and this is the 2nd day off i have had since september i think i need a massive vitamin boost or something

anyway off to shower, thanks for all of your good wishes they have been appreciated xxx

LOOPYLISA
13-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Glad yor feeling better

Mollymop
13-11-2009, 11:31 AM
Glad you are feeling better mandy

When I had Flu I was that poorly I couldn't get out of bed - my main symptom was aches and pains all over my body xx

Heaven Scent
14-11-2009, 11:43 PM
Sounds more like the bug I had than the flu. I had that last year and it was really horrible - I didn't get rid of it for 4 weeks - I was soooo soooo ill - DH was working in Indonesia and my poor kids only ate Pizza and fried eggs cause that is what they liked and what they wanted to cook. I couldn't go out to go to the bank - the only money I had every week was any cash I was given by a few P/T parents - I continued to work with the help of my registered assistant who spent more time at my house and prepared meals etc. and other local minders who brought mindees from school out to my car it was awful as I couldn't afford to stop working - some mindees did a lot of sleeping and Resting in front of the TV with the assistant while I rested on the couch in the living room.

Hope you continue to recover and don't get the flu - I bought some vitamins at the supermarket 2 weeks ago and the seal is still on the container - I hate taking pills.

ajs
14-11-2009, 11:49 PM
thanks all
have still felt very achey today but definatley better than i was on thursday, back to eating normally too:eek:
i did end up working a couple of hours on friday as mum was really stuck but we had a very quiet afternoon and today for some very strange reason we wnet to meadowhall ( big shopping centre in sheffield)

Pipsqueak
14-11-2009, 11:51 PM
I started feeling cack yesterday, really sicky and a sore throat and ears. By the evening I had a tickly cough.
Felt rough this morning but had a super strength 'brufen, went to work came home and malingered on the sofa all afternoon. Have sort of dozed on and off but I keep waking up because my head is bouncing, ears are woolley and my throat is killing and I am shivery, hurting and too darned hot. I can't even be arsed to get of the sofa to go up to bed.
Rob has had a sore throat and cough over the last couple of days but seems to be ok today.

Heaven Scent
14-11-2009, 11:53 PM
thanks all
have still felt very achey today but definatley better than i was on thursday, back to eating normally too:eek:
i did end up working a couple of hours on friday as mum was really stuck but we had a very quiet afternoon and today for some very strange reason we wnet to meadowhall ( big shopping centre in sheffield)

I've never been to Meadowhall - they used to do special offers on the train years ago when it first opened - gosh judging by where I was living at the time - the house before last - its quite a long time ago now well over 12 years yet I always think of it as NEW ???? - is that a sign that I'm getting old:( :(

ajs
14-11-2009, 11:55 PM
i've said it on fb vik that you sound exactly like i did on thursday but now it sounds like it's getting worse for you
i hope you pick up soon take care

Pipsqueak
15-11-2009, 09:41 AM
i've said it on fb vik that you sound exactly like i did on thursday but now it sounds like it's getting worse for you
i hope you pick up soon take care

I slept badly last night, throat and ears are still raw and my neck is stiff, bit achey all down one side, headache not so bad but still got a temperature (not as high as yesterday)but funnily enough I actually feel better than I did yesterday. Perhaps it all peaked during the night!

sadly I cannot chill today, I have got to do all the usual catch up stuff - shopping, cleaning and coursework:(

christinegrout
28-09-2011, 10:25 AM
hope all get well as i am sure this will be doing the rounds again

miffy
28-09-2011, 10:41 AM
hope all get well

I hope so too - Christine this is a very old thread:D

Miffy xx