PDA

View Full Version : What would you do

Muffin
12-11-2009, 06:31 PM
I'm not sure but i think my 19yr old has swine flu. He has a high temperature and has 2 of the other symptoms. I have done the nhs symptom checker and it suggested he needs anti virals.
Question is should I close my setting. I know we all have different opinions on whether or not to close but I'm really not convinced he has it. I wish they were still testing people then I wouldn't have this dilemma.
What is the current guidance?

Alibali
12-11-2009, 06:42 PM
19 year olds can stay upstairs away from everyone to reduce risk, however I would phone the parents and let them make the decision.

Mouse
12-11-2009, 07:03 PM
When I thought one of my sons had it I phoned the parents & told them. I explained that he would stay out of the way, would use hand gel & that I would be cleaning anything he was likely to have touched.

I gave parents the choice of bringing their children or keeping them at home. They all brought them!

When I had flu almost 3 weeks ago I took one day off. I told parents that I had flu, but hadn't been to the Dr or done the online symptom checker, so didn't know if it was swine flu. They all brought the children again the next day!

I think that as it's so widespread now, people aren't so bothered about being in contact with someone who has it.

Dragonfly
12-11-2009, 07:45 PM
I would phone parents and say has flu (winter??) symptons and will stay upstairs and leave it to them to decide to send or not to send!!