PDA

View Full Version : i could really scream at some parents. i am soooo cross

honey
03-03-2008, 05:32 PM
sorry i need to let off steam!!!! i really could swear f#####n h###l one of little mindees has gone home today with conjunctivitus. i have informed all the parents and one of them have said that their little one had a sticky eye yesterday but seemed o.k today, so they have sent him, didnt say a word to me about it this morning. so i have now got to clean the whole downstairs incl doors, and frames etc to get it all clean incase he has touched it and spread it even further. plus a whole set of happy street and a wooden train set. Why dont they think of others and implications of their actions. aaarrgghhhhh. so despite being ill myself i have now got all this extra work to do. b~###dy Great.
So when do i get time to spend with MY kids

Spangles
03-03-2008, 05:36 PM
When my little boy had it I didn't wipe everything down, I just kept changing his pillow cases, washed his soft toys especially his comforter and used a separate towel for him and bought a new sponge and kept cleaning his hands!

I'm not sure that you need to wipe everything down to that extent? I don't know though.

Sorry you're not well by the way - hope you feel better soon. x

sarah32
03-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Ive had this as well, parents sent child to me with upset belly and now been passed to another child. lovely. Luckily no one in family came down with it yettttt

It is annoying.:angry:

fionamal
03-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Some parents just dont think. Our nursery turned away a little boy today who has sticky eyes and the mum was told to keep him away for 3 days.

I would do a general antibac clean, dont knock your sell out doing it though.

LittleMissSparkles
03-03-2008, 06:15 PM
I'm really mad at a parent today too, she was late collecting so I have missed Luca's parents evening ..... I am sooooo F'ing mad xxx

miffy
03-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Hope you are OK Honey - have you told the parent to keep the child at home until it's cleared up?

I'm not sure if it can be passed on throough toys - thought it was more through poor personal hygiene and sharing towels, face-cloths etc

Hope no-one else gets it

Miffy xx

angeldelight
03-03-2008, 07:03 PM
Hope you are ok Honey

Angel xx

Trouble
03-03-2008, 07:07 PM
i had the same thing a while ago blitzed the place but caught it anyway. parents said oh your eyes look sore

i wanted to say:censored: off but i said oh i wonder why and went about my day with a smile bet she wont say it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

sarah707
03-03-2008, 07:42 PM
I would just give everything a quick spray and leave it to dry... the bug will be dead by morning anyway...

You could put the bigger toys in the top of the dishwasher if you've got one - either that or get the kids outside tomorrow with a big bowl of warm soapy water and let them give it all a good scrub :D

Banana
03-03-2008, 08:34 PM
oh dear... not nice for you at all :(

big hugs

xx