PDA

View Full Version : The Gruffalo? What does the mouse eat?

singlewiththree
12-11-2009, 05:44 PM
My daughter is going into school as the mouse from the gruffalo for book character day however I can't find my copy of the book anywhere and have googled but can't find what it eats at the end is it a nut?

Mollymop
12-11-2009, 05:46 PM
My dd 5 just said "A nut!"

madasahatter
12-11-2009, 05:55 PM
Yes definitely a nut....and the nut was good!
I have to agree with the radio 2 poll, The Gruffalo is my favourite children's bedtime book (and non bedtime book). I love the Gruffalo's child too.

ORKSIE
12-11-2009, 06:02 PM
A nut, but he says he likes to eat the other animals too dosnt he:huh:

But he does actually eat the nut:thumbsup:

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
12-11-2009, 06:42 PM
the mouse found a nut and the nut was good!

Paws
12-11-2009, 07:47 PM
[QUOTE=ORKSIE;571849]A nut, but he says he likes to eat the other animals too dosnt he:huh:
QUOTE]

No, he says that the Gruffalo likes to eat other animals, but then at the end he threatens to eat the Gruffalo. But he just eats a nut.

little miss chatterbox
12-11-2009, 08:21 PM
i'm ashamed to say that i have never read the gruffalo - it's one of those i've been meaning to get and never do!

shame on me!!!! will get my kids to write it on their xmas list!

louise
12-11-2009, 08:27 PM
I cant wait for it to be on tv over christmas. must say i prefer monkey puzzle out off them all. Oh stick man is popular at the moment

It's a small world
12-11-2009, 09:42 PM
'All was quiet in the deep dark wood. The mouse found a nut and the nut was good'

I love this story and gruffalos child, and squash and a squeeze, and smartest giant and monkey puzzl and snail on a whale and room on a broom........oh what the heck I love Julia Donaldson full stop....got all the books:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ORKSIE
12-11-2009, 09:44 PM
'All was quiet in the deep dark wood. The mouse found a nut and the nut was good'

I love this story and gruffalos child, and squash and a squeeze, and smartest giant and monkey puzzl and snail on a whale and room on a broom........oh what the heck I love Julia Donaldson full stop....got all the books:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I used this in my story telling in my NVQ. Got the shildren to act out the different animals in the story at the end, Assessor (sp) liked this:thumbsup:

ORKSIE
12-11-2009, 09:46 PM

Room on a broom, Squash and a squeeze Fantabulous:thumbsup:

Mollymop
12-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Oh I love the Gruffalo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is my fave book (kids) and I forgot to add that

Mollymop
12-11-2009, 09:49 PM
I can't remember the titile - but has anyone read the story by the writers of Gruff...it is about the stickman!

I love that one

ORKSIE
12-11-2009, 09:53 PM
[QUOTE=ORKSIE;571849]A nut, but he says he likes to eat the other animals too dosnt he:huh:
QUOTE]

No, he says that the Gruffalo likes to eat other animals, but then at the end he threatens to eat the Gruffalo. But he just eats a nut.

Yep your right:thumbsup:

ORKSIE
12-11-2009, 09:54 PM
I can't remember the titile - but has anyone read the story by the writers of Gruff...it is about the stickman!

I love that one

I know what you mean, moppy, but i dont know the name.

It's a small world
12-11-2009, 09:58 PM

I love that one

Were getting this for Xmas along with Tiddler ??? Then we have the whole selection:clapping: ......another one 'sharing shell'

Mollymop
12-11-2009, 09:59 PM
I actually think it is called.................... "the Stickman" haha

ORKSIE
12-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Were getting this for Xmas along with Tiddler ??? Then we have the whole selection:clapping: ......another one 'sharing shell'

Tiddler...I got that:thumbsup:

singlewiththree
13-11-2009, 07:15 AM
We adore Tiddler!

My DD has just come home from school with the snail on the whale or something like that, its good too.

She looks quite cute going dressed up as the mouse even if she is 8 :eek:

nokidshere
13-11-2009, 07:54 AM
We have them all - my boys love them still (8 & 11).

My personal favourite is tiddler but the mindees seem to like Snail and the Whale :D