PDA

View Full Version : confused now!

loocyloo
12-11-2009, 02:46 PM
hmmm, i thought i had my learning journals etc sorted out , doing what they needed to do and what i wanted them to do!;)

just had a parent/teacher meeting DDs teacher. they are doing scrapbooks/learning journeys/obs etc for each child . (she is yr R) it was really interesting to see, and very similar to mine :D i took the learning journal i do for DD with me, as i thought she may be interested in looking at it. (she was, said it was lovely to see, and really good to watch how DD has developed (and a really nice collection of work from me !!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: ) she said the only thing i could add (from a professional point of view (teacher was a early years advisor in childrens centre before coming back to school this year) was to link it all to the development matters wotsit ( can't remember what she called it! )

well, for each observation i list PSE, CLL etc as appropiate, and then which area, ie disposition & atttitude, and sometimes the actual bit that is relevant.

but when i looked at the obs on DD it said things like 4:2, 3:1 etc along side PSE

so, what i think i am asking (;) ) is ... are the 4:2 etc, to do with the development matters and what are they relevant to? (only thought about it as walked home !)
AND/OR how do i? what is development matters? ... i thought i was pretty much the same as the development guidelines in EYFS pack?

i apologise now, if this doesn't make sense to anyone !!! it doesn't really make sense to me, which is why i am asking !!!

thank you for getting to the end of my waffle !!!!

PixiePetal
12-11-2009, 03:16 PM
If what you are doing works for you then don't change it and confuse yourself. You will just be giving yourself more work :rolleyes:

I don't write 4:2 etc. and won't unless it is a requirement to word it like that - keep it simple :thumbsup:

loocyloo
12-11-2009, 04:22 PM
thanks !:)

but what does 4:2 etc actually relate too? i'm not aware i have any document that numbers anything!

sarah707
12-11-2009, 06:00 PM
Possibly as it's reception they are linked to the end of EYFS check lists for achievement...

OR

They might have given the areas numbers...

So PSED is 1, CLL is 2, PSR&N is 3 etc.

Then all the sections under them are numbers too.

It's one way of doing it, if you are happy with yours, then carry on. :D

loocyloo
12-11-2009, 06:36 PM
;) that makes sense! thank you!

i wasn't going to change mine, just got a bit confused for a moment! ;)

xxx