PDA

View Full Version : Getting to grips with paperwork...at last!

kimbo
03-03-2008, 04:41 PM
Hi there all.
I am now actually registered and have just done 1 days first aid,next one this saturday!
Have done most of my policies then i just need to sort out attendance records etc...
I am in the process of doing risk assessments but i have hit a blank,can anyone give tips of how to do them,set them out,what sort of things are risk assessments....help!!!??????

The 1st aid was quite good although an heavily pregnant lady rolling into recovery position did get quite a few raised eyebrows and whilst performing CPR i thought i might need a bit myself...very funny!

Anyway dont be strangers ladies,keep that advice coming!
I am trying to get alot done before the baby arrives you see.

katickles
03-03-2008, 04:48 PM
Hi -
For my risk assesments I made a form using excel. I have seperate ones for each room & outside. I just looked for anything that possed as a hazard in one section, wrote comments on how to rectify them in another & then tick off as they are put right. I also date 7 sign to say that i have done it.

So in the kitchen things like cupboards with plates in, what the hazard is & that cupboard locks need fitting.

Hope this helps with that, you sound very organised anyway!

Good luck with the huge bump by the way!! :)

katickles
03-03-2008, 04:54 PM
oh i just found this ink Angel posted in another thread. This will help you
http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/eyfs/risk.html

deeb66
03-03-2008, 04:54 PM
Glad to hear that everything is ticking along nicely.

Have you checked out the Bromley site for risk assessments....they might be a good starting point.

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/

deeb66
03-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Sorry Kate

we posted at the same time :D

katickles
03-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Sorry Kate

we posted at the same time :D

Hay thats ok :)

kimbo
03-03-2008, 07:10 PM
I seem to be having a problem opening the risk assessment files....doh!
Keeps referring me to microsoft word file to open it and then i come to microsofts homepage with all the products and packages they are selling....so annoying as there are loads of the risk files that i want to download!

I clearly am not a pc buff....i dont do too bad but i am miffed now.

The braxton hicks i keep having dont help either!

LittleMissSparkles
03-03-2008, 07:20 PM
good luck with baby x

LittleMissSparkles
03-03-2008, 07:21 PM
good luck with baby Kimbo x

kimbo
03-03-2008, 07:33 PM
I may not be actually having any mindees yet but i shall certainly keep in touch with little one attached to me as i write to all of you!

I want to be all ready,up to date with policies etc...

Still lots to do but plenty of time to do it in.

I know one lady i was on a course with and she had handed in her notice and frantically trying to get everything ready to start up her business,on the last day of the course,she looked awful....bless her...saying she was there to do the exam but did not want to continue with childminding as she could not cope!!!

That is not how you do it....i myself had a wobbly...but slow down,take your time and pace yourself.....and that is what i am doing!

So in fact i am now enjoying sorting everything...there is a wealth of help and resources here to guide you through the whole process!!

Hey, i should be getting paid for this rant....ignore me its the hormones....Ha!

LittleMissSparkles
03-03-2008, 07:36 PM
as punch would say to judy

' thats the way to do it ' LOL

xxx

Tatia
04-03-2008, 09:11 AM
Hi Kimbo. Best of luck with the baby! When's it due?

Also, check out Sarah's site for her fantastic e-books. The daily diary one has daily and monthly safety checks and I think she does one purely for risk assessment alone. http://www.knutsfordchildminding.co.uk/

kimbo
04-03-2008, 06:49 PM
I have 8 weeks til baby is due though the braxton hicks are coming thick and fast,everyone at work are sooo worried that i will have it there!!!

I have looked at sarahs fab stuff before so i shall check it out a little more!!

Thanks for the tips as ever ladies

Trisha 13
04-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Wow you sound really organised. Wish I was Ha:)
When you write Your hours down do you add together the hours for each child or the hours you have worked in a day. Really confused. Any help would be great. Cant believe how much paperwork there is x x x