PDA

View Full Version : how do u charge for this

jaytravis
12-11-2009, 12:47 PM
i have been asked to have twins on a saturday but it will only be every 4 or 6 six weeks how would u charge for this and would u charge for keeping a place open
thanks x

David Sheppard
12-11-2009, 12:59 PM
We currently offer a very adhoc 3 hour Sunday slot to a single dad who needs some occasional respite time to catch up on things. Our arrangement isn't fixed and we made it clear we could refuse to take the children if it clashed with any family commitments. We only charge for the actual time his children are with us but we have a Sunday rate that is effectively double the normal daily rate.

miffy
12-11-2009, 01:06 PM
Is Saturday going to be part of your working week? If so then I would charge for keeping the place open.

If you are happy to work occasional Saturdays then I would just charge an enhanced rate for the hours you do.

HTH's

Miffy xx

little chickee
12-11-2009, 01:36 PM
if its just occasional saturdays i would just charge for when i had them at double time. No retainer for other saturdays.

sunnysmile
12-11-2009, 02:09 PM
We currently offer a very adhoc 3 hour Sunday slot to a single dad who needs some occasional respite time to catch up on things. Our arrangement isn't fixed and we made it clear we could refuse to take the children if it clashed with any family commitments. We only charge for the actual time his children are with us but we have a Sunday rate that is effectively double the normal daily rate.

I think I would do it this way, seems fair for everyone.

Chimps Childminding
12-11-2009, 07:29 PM
I would just charge an enhanced rate when they needed me! Unless you have enquiries for other people wanting a saturday it seems a bit unfair to charge a retainer!

beccas
12-11-2009, 07:40 PM
I charge when i have the children i charge an enhanced rate and i only work 10 to 3 and charge £30 as my normal rate is £25 a day

suzyblue
13-11-2009, 07:34 AM
SATURDAYS???!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: