PDA

View Full Version : Learning and Development

Tink
12-11-2009, 11:41 AM
I've got a child who is 30 months which fits into the 22 to 36 month category.
The only problem i've got is he is not a very social child, he likes cars, trains etc but plays very quietly and alone.
I have tried to plan group games and activities which he does join in with but he tends to go back to playing with the cars.
When i've looked at his development for example CLL - learns new words very rapidly and is able to use them in communicating about matters which interest them - the only thing I can get out of him is yes and no and some other very basic words.
Is it just me reading too much into it, I know all children are different I just feel there's something but i'm not quite sure what?

Pipsqueak
12-11-2009, 01:04 PM
Every child is unique and they are not going to be in the same phase for all steps of their development ie as you describe 22-36 months for all 6 areas.

All you can do is provide the opportunites and encourage. I wouldn't worry to much at all

suez
12-11-2009, 01:14 PM
yes thats wat i was told you will find that the child doesnt come under every learning bracket for the same age i was told to look at the age bracket before n after for example i have a mindie of similar age and very similar to wat your saying not vey vocal but i know some words are progressin so im not worried but i would say he would be in the bracket for 16-20 mnths to be honest

Tink
12-11-2009, 01:22 PM
Thanks for your help, i'll put him in the lower bracket and see how he is progressing, thanks again xx