PDA

View Full Version : xmas present for mindees and parents, want do you think?

Ben10mad
11-11-2009, 09:42 PM
This year i have brought my mindees a big pack of arts and crafts, which includes crayons, felts, pencils, rubbers ect.
For parents i have put the childrens pictures on to CD with christmas backing music, which i will put in the parents christmas cards.
Do you think this is enough?
I was just talking to hubby and he thinks its enough but i keep thinking one more little thing wont hurt lol

Chimps Childminding
11-11-2009, 09:47 PM
sounds more than generous to me! i spend about £5 on each mindee, but don't give the parents anything :blush:

Hebs
11-11-2009, 09:51 PM
my mindees are getting a small selection box (90p ones from wilkos)

parents are getting 2 hours free childcare on sunday 20th dec betweem 11am and 1 pm so they can do their christmas food shopping in peace

:D

PixiePetal
11-11-2009, 09:51 PM
I am sure they will love it, no need to do more. If I was the parent I would be chuffed to get anything :D

(Bit different but reminds me :laughing: - my sister in law does us a disc every year, really boring pics of them with assorted friends and boring pics of everything else - loads and loads of them. Very Me, Me, Me!! - awful and binned after laughing at it)

Dragonfly
11-11-2009, 09:52 PM
that sounds lovely and enough:thumbsup:

mumx3
12-11-2009, 01:11 PM
parents are getting 2 hours free childcare on sunday 20th dec betweem 11am and 1 pm so they can do their christmas food shopping in peace

Wow what a great idea, very thoughtful!

Hebs
12-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Wow what a great idea, very thoughtful!

:D Thanks

I just thought there was nothing i could buy them that would be worth more and appreciated more :laughing:

i've even had one mum offer to have my 2 kids so i can do the same :eek: :laughing:

kindly declined as they stay with granda :laughing:

me and kids will have a little christmas party, swap christmas cards and i can give them their gifts too :thumbsup:

Tam's Tribe
12-11-2009, 02:29 PM
A bit traditional for my first CM Christmas . . .

I have bought books for all the children (based on their interest) and will be making photo calendars of their child/ren for the parents!!

Its a low budget Christmas for us this year!

Lovies
Tam
x

Merry-Minder
12-11-2009, 02:33 PM
my mindees are getting a small selection box (90p ones from wilkos)

Thats a fantastic idea!!! - and realy kind too.

There was a thread on here a while ago about what we could get back from the tax man and was wondering if everyone realised that we are entitled to £5 for each childs present for xmas and bdays? (so I told anyway)

terrydoo73
12-11-2009, 02:58 PM
I have twins aged 18 months so I bought them little tractors (according to interest at mo) and their little cousin who I also look after and is aged 2 1/2 I bought a smaller tractor with attachments. This particular little boy's big sis is 4 just weeks before Christmas so I have bought her a Barbie doll for birthday but I haven't got a clue what to get her for Christmas. I was thinking of putting a book to each of them if I can get good reasonably priced ones according to ages - like someone said on here I never spend more than £5 - £7 on each present - it is enough after all.

Last year the little brother and sister gave my daughter and I tickets to see a pantomine. When you consider I had to drive 2 hours to Belfast it really was a day out for my daughter and I and she loved every minute of it - we even got on The Big Eye wheel. I hope she does something similar this year - all 4 mindees belong to 2 sisters so I am trying to drop the hint to do something together rather than separately - I hate present giving at Christmas and rather have something practical. I might suggest something like a bowling/cinema/meal package for the 2 of us - my daughter would love that!