PDA

View Full Version : ra - noting no of chioldren

It's a small world
11-11-2009, 08:46 PM
when completing a ra and having to say how many children are with you on that day..do you need to include your oiwn children ie:

1x mindee
1x my ds
1 x my ds being collected

going to school 2 children coming back 3 children???

Sorry if its a daft question....:blush:

sarah707
11-11-2009, 08:49 PM
I have been wondering about writing outings RAs for different combinations of children...

It is way down on my things to do list though :rolleyes:

I don't normally say who is with me in the RA - just in a weekly timetable of who is here when :D

It's a small world
11-11-2009, 08:52 PM
I have been wondering about writing outings RAs for different combinations of children...

It is way down on my things to do list though :rolleyes:

I don't normally say who is with me in the RA - just in a weekly timetable of who is here when :D

doh I thought id read somewhee by you that you had to note the number of children with you on a partucluar day for ra??? do you mind if i send you a copy of my RA for you to look at??? hope you tell me its right I have 5 copies of each and about 10 RA's

Straws
11-11-2009, 09:57 PM
A weekly timetable is a good idea. Sarah707 why do I end up doing more paper work when I read your posts LOL

Straws xxx

sarah707
12-11-2009, 07:55 AM
A weekly timetable is a good idea. Sarah707 why do I end up doing more paper work when I read your posts LOL

Straws xxx

Sorry! :o :laughing:

Mine is a very simple table with 5 columns working downwards headed with the days of the week.

I put eg...

Mon
AM - names of children
840 - school with xx
850 - Playgroup with xx
10 - xx arrives
1130 - Playgroup to collect xx
315 - school to collect xxx and xx

I keep a copy in my outings bag as well with my emergency forms, so you can see at a glance who might be with me on any day.

Hth :D

TheBTeam
12-11-2009, 12:39 PM
I do not note down the numbers of children with me on the day, my answer to this is that i always write and carry out my risk assessments based on the maximum number of children that dh and i are registered to care for and with the knowledge of those that are pushchair reliant.

I can not be doing anymore than i already do without starting to grow trees to replace all of those i am using!!!!

How many times does a school risk assess an outing, surely not again incase one or maybe two children are sick etc.

There can not be another occupation or childcare provision on the planet that would carry out a risk assessment in this manor, it is simply not feasible imo!!!

I do have a timetable of who is here when, I have my record of attendance in addition to this, I have risk assessments covering all different types of outings, with the weirdest of scenarios taken into account, almost to the point of all adults becoming mute, blind and paralysed and if that doesn't cover it, then as a responsible adult I will not be mute, blind or paralysed and will use my judgement to deal with the only thing left which must nearly be alien abduction!!!!!:laughing:

Zoomie
12-11-2009, 01:11 PM
I added a ratio's line into my RAs when I was doing them.

When a new child joins / changes stages of development (mainly walking) I review the RA.

When I had 20m, 24m and 4.5y I was happy to feed the ducks.
However, now that I have 2y and 2x2.5y I am not happy to feed the ducks.

Some parks I am happy with 3 under 3s, but others I am not.