PDA

View Full Version : What's the strangest thing they've eaten...?

Helen Dempster
11-11-2009, 07:41 PM
I made my son a boiled egg (he loves 'em) for his breakfast the other day, left the room, came back to find him munching on the shell! He'd eaten quite a bit of it!!! What's the weirdest/funniest/strangest thing your LOs or mindees have chomped on?

sarah707
11-11-2009, 07:43 PM
One ex mindee (she's 14 now and would be horrified!) had evidence of a slug round her mouth and chin :eek:

sweets
11-11-2009, 07:57 PM
One ex mindee (she's 14 now and would be horrified!) had evidence of a slug round her mouth and chin :eek:

thats disgusting:eek: :eek: :panic: :panic: :laughing:

one of my mindees used to eat whole apples, core,pips and stalk as well.

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
11-11-2009, 08:28 PM
one of mine has munched on a snail and another ate the contents of her nan's cats litter tray. Neither of them were in my care at the time thank god:eek:

Helen Dempster
11-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Oh, my neighbours little girl ate (half) a slug...I'd forgotten about that until Sarah reminded me! Apparently it was GREEN and was stuck in her teeth and everything - and was like elastic!! Took ages to clean off by all accounts! YUUUUUCK!!!!!

Minstrel
11-11-2009, 08:33 PM
My son used to eat the whole apple too- core pips stalk everything!

My youngest son currently enjoys cucumber on toast! :D

miffy
11-11-2009, 08:36 PM
one of my mindees used to eat whole apples, core,pips and stalk as well.

I have two mindees that do this - they are siblings!

Miffy xx

Alibali
11-11-2009, 08:38 PM
A boy I went to school with used to eat opal fruits (starburst for the younger members) with the paper still on.

Lou
11-11-2009, 08:42 PM
Apparently when i was little and crawling my mum picked me up to give me a cuddle and thought that my breath smelt really bad.......upon further investigation she realised that i had munched my way through a nice big bowl of cat food........the wet/jelly type. Hmmmmm nice!!!!!

It's a small world
11-11-2009, 08:50 PM
my friends ds used to eat the cat food and her cat used to eat her ds's cereal ???

I knew someone who used to eat the wrapper as well as the opal fruit/starburst

my ds cometimes eats the whole apple too.. keeps asking if he will grow into an apple tree :laughing:

ajs
11-11-2009, 09:19 PM
hubby eats the paper wrappers of starburst but then he's weird
son used to eat cat food when he was little and mindees mum bought him a book about a boy who ate cat food and used to miaow
and the strangest thing i have eaten is rattle snake

oh and i eat the apple core stalk and all, delicious

teacake2
11-11-2009, 10:51 PM
I can't really think of anything at the moment, but one of my cats came up the garden path one day looking very strange, when I got closer to him he had a large frog in his mouth and the back legs were hanging out the sides of his mouth, he then decided to eat it. Needless to say he was not allowed in the house for quite some time after that.
Teacake2

haribo
12-11-2009, 07:48 AM
my youngest daughter once popped a worm into her mouth and ate it before i could do a thing :eek: she loved creepy crawlies but i think my shrieks made her realise theyre not for human consumption :laughing: :laughing:

FussyElmo
12-11-2009, 08:07 AM
Dog pooh - saying no more!!!

Twinkle
12-11-2009, 08:08 AM
Apologies to anyone reading this whilst eating their breakfast - when we were little we live in Portugal for a few years. During the summer, my baby brother ate a crunchy piece of dog poo left from the day before :panic: :panic:

I wonder if that's why he's so strange now? :D

ORKSIE
12-11-2009, 09:54 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

This thread is revolting:ROFL1: :ROFL1:

AnnieM
12-11-2009, 10:03 AM
Not exactly eaten but a the 8 yo I mind now, once came toddling (he was about 18 months and at home) out from under a bush with something hanging out of his mouth, his mum walked over to see what it was and was horrified, it was a dead mouse that the cat had half eaten, just the tail was poking out. :panic: She pulled it out, rushed him into the house and tried to wash his mouth out with antibacterial soap! It sounds funny now but she was mortified at the time.

David Sheppard
12-11-2009, 10:42 AM
Dog pooh - saying no more!!!

Revolting yes - but much more serious for the children is the risk of Toxicara. It is caused by a roundworm parasite that can be transmitted in dog, fox or cat feces. The parasite either burrows into the eyes causing tumors or detached retina and consequential blindness or it can enter the bloodstream and infect the organs - the latter form is much rarer. Children are more at risk than adults as they may play in infected dirt or sand and then rub their eyes or swallow the parasite.

Bananabrain
12-11-2009, 10:55 AM
I used to go to primary school with a girl that regularly ate cat food and coal{in the days of coal fires}
The family were in my mother's words 'a bit rough' and by all accounts,the children's diets consisted mainly of sweets. So much so that the girl in question had completely brown/black teeth by the time she was 10.
My mother said{now that I'm an adult I reckon there was some truth in it} that her body was obviously craving vitamins and minerals that she wasn't getting.
This girl subsequently went on to have children with her estranged biological father!
But that's a story for another day:laughing:

ORKSIE
12-11-2009, 10:56 AM
I used to go to primary school with a girl that regularly ate cat food and coal{in the days of coal fires}
The family were in my mother's words 'a bit rough' and by all accounts,the children's diets consisted mainly of sweets. So much so that the girl in question had completely brown/black teeth by the time she was 10.
My mother said{now that I'm an adult I reckon there was some truth in it} that her body was obviously craving vitamins and minerals that she wasn't getting.
This girl subsequently went on to have children with her estranged biological father!
But that's a story for another day:laughing:

Oh dear, thats sad:(

mumx3
12-11-2009, 01:21 PM

I know this one well. My then 15 month old DS ate a garden variety snail!:panic: Didnt seem to do him any harm but every time I see a snail now they turn my stomach.

Mollymop
12-11-2009, 02:02 PM
Oh gawd you lot! Now I feel ill...........blurghh