PDA

View Full Version : There are some nice people around

Sadie's Mum
11-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Mindees Dad rang up and asked me if I could have a look outside for mindees changing bag, he said he thought he must have left it either outside our house or he drove off with it on top of the roof of his van. I had a quick look outside and couldn't see anything and hubby when off for a wander down the road to have a look too. Whilst he was out two teenage boys knocked on the door - they had the changing bag, they had found it in the middle of the road, looked inside and found mindee's daily diary which had our details in and brought the bag back :thumbsup:

sarah707
11-11-2009, 07:51 PM
That was lovely of them!

Good idea to put your details in the daily diary as well... off to write in mine :D

Sadie's Mum
11-11-2009, 08:14 PM
That was lovely of them!

Good idea to put your details in the daily diary as well... off to write in mine :D

I always glue one of our business cards in the front cover :thumbsup:

sweets
11-11-2009, 08:19 PM
teenage boys can be really nice. a while ago i was at traffic lights with my 3 year old mindee waiting for the green man (as you do!), when a group of lads from the local school came along and one started crossing the road, another of the lads said "hey wait, theres a kid there, wait for the green man"

i thought it was really nice and thanked him, he just grunted back at me! lol

tashaleee
11-11-2009, 08:28 PM

Never thought of that.... will be adding it to my list of things to do :laughing:

PixiePetal
11-11-2009, 09:34 PM

good idea, will copy that if you don't mind :thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
11-11-2009, 10:16 PM
how lovely of them.

yep I will second that - teenage boys can be very thoughtful, moreso than girls I think.

when my dopey 11yr old lost his phone, 3 lads (older than him) from his school had the sense to ring 'mum' (me), couldn't get hold of me so tried 'dad' and returned the phone:thumbsup: :clapping:

I have heard them say about waiting to cross properly 'cuz there is a little kid there' as well

singlewiththree
12-11-2009, 07:21 AM
Can I swap my 8 year old girl then! she is starting to turn into a moody backchatting alien and I really want one of those nice teenage boys you are talking about instead! :)

David Sheppard
12-11-2009, 10:38 AM
Mindees Dad rang up and asked me if I could have a look outside for mindees changing bag, he said he thought he must have left it either outside our house or he drove off with it on top of the roof of his van. I had a quick look outside and couldn't see anything and hubby when off for a wander down the road to have a look too. Whilst he was out two teenage boys knocked on the door - they had the changing bag, they had found it in the middle of the road, looked inside and found mindee's daily diary which had our details in and brought the bag back :thumbsup:

Teenagers, and especially boys, have such a bad reputation, it's great to hear something good for a change. :clapping:

Have you thought of sending this story off to your local newspaper?

ORKSIE
12-11-2009, 10:43 AM
That is really nice...Well done those boys:clapping:

PixiePetal
12-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Well done the lads. :clapping:

I like to think my 13yr old DS would do the same - he is actually a really nice lad (still time for things to change but I really don't think he will) He comes home from school by bus with 15 yr old sister and as I also use the buses, I have been told by the drivers what wonderful teenagers I have :thumbsup:

emler
12-11-2009, 11:40 AM
Well done boys :thumbsup: Too often we only here the bad stories! That was really good of them

Merry-Minder
12-11-2009, 11:46 AM
I wish I could find one of those nice teenagers, the last one I ran into I caught running down my drive helped himself to one of our pumpkins that my children made and run off with it - I found it the next day down the road all smashed up :angry: :angry: :angry:

The Juggler
12-11-2009, 11:56 AM
Teenagers, and especially boys, have such a bad reputation, it's great to hear something good for a change. :clapping:

Have you thought of sending this story off to your local newspaper?

good idea, or tell their school how lovely you think they were - they might get a mention in assembly!