PDA

View Full Version : cheap story sacks????

jaja
11-11-2009, 02:44 PM
where can i buy cheap story sacks with contents or without, dont mind. The only ones i can find are 30 quid and it coming up to christmas so thats a no no, any ideas please xx

patevans
11-11-2009, 02:46 PM
I would also like to know too, they seem so expensive :eek:

Heaven Scent
11-11-2009, 03:02 PM
There are people on ebay who sell stuff you can print off and then use cheap PE draw string bags to store it in - remember we are space restricted as we work in our homes so I'm sure the odd cheap doll & stuffed toys plus some pictures printed off and laminated will be fine especially as a lot of these people seem to be teachers and use them in their class rooms.

Hope this helps am in a rush to school - cheers.

Helen Dempster
11-11-2009, 07:11 PM
What about using cheap pillow cases and decorating them (or getting the mindees to decorate them, using t-shirt pens or something similar)???

leeloo1
11-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Look on sparklebox.co.uk they have lots of sets that you can print and laminate to make story sacks and most of it is free (and some of it is even nicked to sell on ebay :mad:).

I'd second the advice to get plain pillowcases, do a hem and thread cord through to make a drawstring, then decorate them yourself and collect bits and pieces to go in them - much more versatile than spending lots of money on 1 bespoke story sack!

miss mopple
11-11-2009, 07:35 PM
I make my own. Bits and bobs from charity shops and boot fairs are great for them :thumbsup:

terrydoo73
11-11-2009, 08:58 PM
I have made up story sacks myself using pillowcases and running off the titles using TShirt prints from the computer. My friend when she saw them said "are the strings not dangerous" implying that children could wrap them around their necks and strangle themselves! So I have not put them out without my supervision since!