PDA

View Full Version : Risk assessments!

lizzymoonshine
03-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Right, got good old ofsted coming next week, so tweaking and nipping the old portfolio. Do Ofsted just want a sample of the risk assessments we do, or do they want the job lot? if so she could be here a while i would of thought!

help!!!!:)

avril
03-03-2008, 02:33 PM
I showed ofsted completed risk assessments I had done for various activities, trips out etc...

Avril s:)

sarah707
03-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Under eyfs they will want the whole lot... for inspections now they will want to see you working towards the good practice in the eyfs...

I would dust off your folder and try and do some bits for each room of the house. She won't go through with a fine toothed comb but will want to see evidence that they are being done :D

angeldelight
03-03-2008, 02:37 PM
http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/eyfs/risk.html

Scroll down the page and you will find some here that you can adapt for your own setting

Good luck

Angel xx

Tatia
03-03-2008, 04:04 PM
It occurs to me that I should maybe risk assess my school drop-off and pick up. I mean, I do risk assess it but it's not written. I have a policy about it but have never completed a risk assessment form. I don't really want to do it every day, though as things rarely change. Hmmm, something to think about, thanks!

lizzymoonshine
04-03-2008, 08:39 PM
oh i keep thinking about the things to think about! aaarrrggghhhhhh!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

this time next week it will all be over! Ofsted will of been!

miffy
04-03-2008, 09:28 PM
It occurs to me that I should maybe risk assess my school drop-off and pick up. I mean, I do risk assess it but it's not written. I have a policy about it but have never completed a risk assessment form. I don't really want to do it every day, though as things rarely change. Hmmm, something to think about, thanks!

I think there might be one on the bromley site

miffy xx

lindylou
04-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Thanks for that the bromley risk assessments are quite good
Linxx

lizzymoonshine
05-03-2008, 10:44 AM
Yes they are, thank you.

:)