PDA

View Full Version : are we allowed a life outside minding

Bevbeetle
11-11-2009, 10:26 AM
we went out last night for mine, my daughters and my brother-in-laws bdays. We were having our meal and my mobile went off it was one of mindees mums (it had gone 8 oclock) i didnt answer it she rang 10 times so i thought it must be urgent so i answered at the table where we were all eating get ready for it :angry: :angry: she asked if i could have her little boy a hour extra today because she had SPRAY TAN BOOKED i said i am having a family meal im not working til morning telephone me then :angry: :angry:
are we allowed a life

jaja
11-11-2009, 10:32 AM
good for you, we have the same thing with one mum who just rings to moan really and drives me crazy...

stick to your guns xx

sarah707
11-11-2009, 10:52 AM
:eek: Of course you're not allowed to have a life!

Parents needs are much more important! :p

Did you enjoy your meal? xx

little miss chatterbox
11-11-2009, 10:54 AM
Oh how ridiculous!! Some people have no respect.

Well done you for standing your ground and I hope you did enjoy your meal!

Tink
11-11-2009, 10:54 AM
HA HA how dare you go out for a meal, :jump for joy:
I bet your hoping her spray tan goes wrong aren't you:rolleyes:

Bevbeetle
11-11-2009, 12:46 PM
we did enjoy our meal thankyou , i just spoke to her and guess what she cant have it now because they had to let appointment go hahahaha sorry but i did have to laugh

buildingblocks
11-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Of course we are not allowed to have a life.

One of my parents once asked me to do something at a weekend and when I declined she said but i know you don't do much at the weekend (this was a friend) and I turned round and said well I actually do have a life outside of minding your children.

As for hte mobile mine is purely for work and so it is only turned on when I am working nto that that means much to parents. They get quite upset with me when they arrive on a Monday and say you didn't return my text on Saturday evening. Er that is because it is switched off. They are told that they can only take for granted it is on if I have their child. At moment it goes on at 7.55 and goes off at 3pm (5 mins before I start work and as soon as last child leaves).

I have a house phone and that logs numbers and I always return calls that are logged on their. They all know this. I have no need for one outside of work and if I needed one for family reasons then I would have a separate one to a work one.

Can you tell I am not a mobile phone person. My friends all hate me

mrs c
11-11-2009, 01:11 PM
I have one mum who for some strange reason will send me a text to both my mobile and house phone at the same time. My family were not happy when she texted at 6.30 one morning. :(

TheBTeam
11-11-2009, 01:29 PM
I had one mum phone at 10.55pm to discuss when i could care for her daughter the next week as she had her diary out! I told her in no uncertain terms that she should put it away as i had turned my lights out!!!

Pudding Girl
11-11-2009, 02:06 PM
:angry: :angry:
are we allowed a life

No. Didn't you read that page in the manual at pre reg training? tut tut fancy not being at their beck and call, that's shocking really Bevbeetle, you need to pull your socks up young lady!!

;)

Blackhorse
11-11-2009, 02:07 PM
hmm..not sure about this one...

obviously I wouldnt want to be disturbed past a certain time at night either..but on the other hand the parent maybe just was trying to tell you asap ....?? I am not saying a tanning session is an important reason...but I dont think parent meant it in a bad way...

I had parents call me in the evening before because they forgot to tell me somthing and I didnt mind that...I would if it was a constant occurance or very early or very late...other than that it doesnt personally bothe me.

one mum txt me on sunday just to find out if I was feeling better already...(and her LO wasnt coming to me anyways...so she just txt coz she cared.)

miffy
11-11-2009, 02:09 PM
i just spoke to her and guess what she cant have it now because they had to let appointment go hahahaha sorry but i did have to laugh

Oh shame! :laughing:

Miffy xx

The Juggler
11-11-2009, 02:33 PM
I can see why I might answer my calls late on in the evening (but not during a meal - a text is sufficient!) as I'd want to know of any changes to the next day morning as early as possible.

jaja
11-11-2009, 02:37 PM
I have the ranting mum who always phones for an hour conversation every night because something she isnt happy with (not connected with me, would like to add), heating, window cleaner ect... i get my hubby to answer and i am in the bath, then the next day text to say i forgot, or didnt have much battery... enough is enough after five weeks of it....

hey parent is same one as the other one in my thread xx

sweets
11-11-2009, 03:26 PM
i actually dont mind quick calls and texts in the evenings:blush: if i was somewhere special then i would just turn my phone off or have it on silent.

personally i would rather know the evening before if a child wasnt coming the next day. what i hate is getting up early and being ready for them to come and getting a text 10 mins before they are due telling me they are not coming!:angry:

Winnie
11-11-2009, 04:51 PM
I ask not to be called after 7.30pm or at weekends, if the parents have an emergency situation then of course i wouldnt mind them calling -but i'm talking life or death emergency not spray tans/hair appointments/coffee with friends.....gee whizz.
I think you dealt with it exceptionally well :D

Princess Sara
11-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Personally, I don't mind a text or quick call pretty much any time of the day. All of my parents are respectful though and don't call after about 8pm. I like to know what's happening! But once again, my parents are respectful and wouldn't as for an extra hour for a spray tan...

Chatterbox Childcare
11-11-2009, 05:13 PM
Personally I like my time off. I turn my mobile off at 6pm unless I need it and parents will text and I will pick it up in the morning.

IF I have it on for my own use I ignore parents calls and they soon leave a message which I always listen to as it beeps and then annoys me that I don't know what the message is

So how do you win?

Daftbat
11-11-2009, 05:28 PM
I get wuite a lpot of texts and calls "out of hours" but don't really mind usually - i prefer to know where i stand and sometimes it can work in your favour if the parent is wanting to tell you that you are not needed the next day for example!

All in all - this parent could have sent a text rather than phoning - normally you would assume that if a phone isn't being answered then its either not convenient or they don't have the phone with them - common sense pill needs administering:rolleyes:

Minstrel
11-11-2009, 05:46 PM
I agree a text would have been much better in this situation.

I have the same mobile for work and personal but parents numbers have their own ringtone so i can screen the calls from just hearing it!

Helen Dempster
11-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Ohhhhhhhh...I'm going to report you to Ofsted for going out and enjoying yourself/having a life!! You're soooooooo NAUGHTY (he he - I'm such a rebel using that word!) :D

Seriously, I would've done exactly the same as you in that situation - good on ya for sticking to your guns :thumbsup:

H x