PDA

View Full Version : does anyone know?

Anne66
11-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Can anyone tell me if the SEF needs to be submitted for the inspector to be able to give an outstanding grade ?

tammerisk
11-11-2009, 10:53 AM
i don't know that but i do know it will make yuo inspection time shorter as all they need to do it see that you are doing all that you said you were in the sef

Nat78
11-11-2009, 10:56 AM
Not sure, I know they make time shorter and tend to look at less. Best to have it done if you can. Shows you eveluate your setting and make improvements which they like

Straws
11-11-2009, 11:04 AM
Not sure, but have noticed on some reports they have mentioned SEF for future improvements

Straws xx

estrelas
11-11-2009, 11:10 AM
Not sure, but I'd advise doing it

I never done mine, and my inspection was only 2.5 ish hours i got good in all areas but maybe i would have done better with sef? Who knows but i really wish I had done mine

Chatterbox Childcare
11-11-2009, 11:13 AM
No

The SEF is not compulsory and as such is NOT part of your inspection. It was designed to help the inspector plan your inspection around you and your setting, therefore taking less time :laughing: :laughing: (in theory)

Anne66
11-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Thanks for replys looks like it goes down to who you might get on the day. Half way through doing SEF going ok thanks to support from you guys on the forum.

Mollymop
11-11-2009, 04:16 PM
I would do the sef if you can as it might make the inspection easier for you when she comes - my inspector had read mine through before she came and therefore knew a lot about what I do in my setting - she said things like "I saw on your SEF that you look after a child with Downs" etc, and "yes, I read that on your SEF" - so I would recommend doing one

Ripeberry
11-11-2009, 05:13 PM
With regards to the lenght of inspections, lets say you have a baby, do they need to have seen you change a nappy and feed the baby in the course of their inspection. I'm only asking as my mindee can sometimes sleep for more than 2hrs from 10am until noon, so if an inspector came he/she would only see mindee for about 3 hrs max before I had to do my school run :rolleyes:

tashaleee
12-11-2009, 09:30 PM
Can anyone tell me if the SEF needs to be submitted for the inspector to be able to give an outstanding grade ?

I guess it probably depends on the inspector knowing Ofsted :rolleyes:

But I did get outstanding, I did do my SEF (had printed out hard copy and had done it online but didnt submit it - though to be honest I thought I had but thats computers for you :laughing: ). Inspector was fine about not having it submitted online though

miffy
12-11-2009, 09:54 PM
The sef isn't compulsory but if you don't fill it in you have to be able to show the inspector how you reflect on your practice, etc, etc

Miffy xx