PDA

View Full Version : How did you choose business name?

Carpet Monkeys
10-11-2009, 09:42 PM
I would like to give my business a name, but in a dilemma, I can't decide what to call it ....... how did you come up with your names? Is there anything "legal" I have to do?

Sorry for loads of questions this evening!

mama2three
11-11-2009, 08:22 AM
Im trying to decide on one too , mainly as i dont want to advertise my name and number on the car etc. Ive asked around and dont think theres anything legal , as long as you dont call it surestart or something! Ive asked the ladies on here for ideas ( starting minding forum) and asked my parents too , they know what my setting is all about so thought they could get their creative hats on! ive checked out the local area so i dont take the name of a nursery or other minder. Still not finalised a name though!! Maybe robins nest ( am in sherwood forest) but cant get that 70s tv show out of my head!!!

babs
11-11-2009, 09:12 AM
i called mine lovebugs childminding.... name goes back to when hubby and i met and has stuck with me... i was told u had to say childmindin cause 1st i put day care ........ not sure on that thou but i changed mine anyway..

CherryBlossom
11-11-2009, 10:12 AM
Have called mine after myself lol!
My name is Cherry Blossom..so called my Business 'Little Blossoms Childminding'.
You don't have to have a business name. It is personal preference.

x

Hebs
11-11-2009, 10:25 AM
my business name is Brighter Beginnings,

a forum i used to go on submitted a few then we voted and Brighter Beginnings got the most votes :thumbsup:

other possibilites that might help you were

2nd to mum
close to home
tiny tots

:thumbsup:

Helen Dempster
11-11-2009, 07:37 PM
Have called mine after myself lol!
My name is Cherry Blossom..so called my Business 'Little Blossoms Childminding'.
You don't have to have a business name. It is personal preference.

x

Cherry Blossom?? What a LOVELY name! :) :) :)

Helen Dempster
11-11-2009, 07:37 PM
I'm Bubbles and Burps Childminding :)

terrydoo73
11-11-2009, 08:56 PM
I choose mine according to wear I live - I went by my townland Terrydoo Clyde. I also set up a website called Childminding Online (which needs major revamp at present!) so on my promotional fleeces the name is around the outside with building blocks and a teddy bear beside it in the middle (the name of Childminding Online inside the blocks) - if you understand all that!

CherryBlossom
12-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Cherry Blossom?? What a LOVELY name! :) :) :)

Thank you xx

Tam's Tribe
12-11-2009, 02:36 PM
My name is Tamara and originally from Africa so I decided on . . .

Tam's Tribe

My literature and advertising has a zebra print on the border!

I didnt want to go for a name that implies toddlers like Tiny Tots as I do have alot of Before and After Schoolers!

And I wanted a name that suggested that we were a special team!!