PDA

View Full Version : would you send home?

rachelle
10-11-2009, 02:05 PM
10 month old, no temp but just sitting wanting cuddles and sleeping on and off and not right? Been on my lap since 10.30am really.....

grindal
10-11-2009, 02:09 PM
I would text or phone mum and explain what has happened and ask what she wants you to do. When this happened to me I phoned and mum called me back and came to get him.

Nat78
Personally I would contact parents and let them know situation then it is their decision whether to leave them (if you are happy with that) or whether to collect them.

bexcee
Is he the only child you are looking after today? What time is he due to go home?
Personally I would ring the mum/dad and explain how he has been and see what they say. He might have had a bad night and be really tired rather than ill so no need to send home.

rachelle
10-11-2009, 02:28 PM
booked in til 7 but would prob have been collected by 6 pm - has gone home now. Have had him 6 months and he wasn't right - he was sitting still for a start! Normally naps for half hour am and pm so just not him.

Mum seemed okay with it and he was obv not right. but i still feel bad for asking her to get him. Hopefully he'll feel a lot better tomorrow and be back on bouncing form.

Happy Totos
10-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Its so sad that we feel guilty for ringing parents if their children arent right! I find when I do ring they tend to say, oh yeah, little jonny was saying he wasnt all right or didnt have a very good night :panic:

We do tend to know our mindees and if you did feel that the child wasnt right, you did the right thing.

Hugs

xxx