PDA

View Full Version : Learning Journey HELP requested...

Sarah41
10-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Hi, I only registered last week and have just taken on 2 3 year olds and a 5 year old and wonder how to start and what to include on their learning journeys. I feel a bit overwhelmed with it all.:idea:
Any help would be really gratefully received.
Thanks

Mcgons
10-11-2009, 08:32 PM
I've just started too and still need to sort out my observations and how I'm going to do them, but I've started a learning journey folder for my mindee already.

Got photo on front page, then went through some questions about mindee with parents for a starting point so put them in. Did hand and foot prints and got mindee to draw self portrait. Going to do summary on starting points relating to learning and development than can start the planning and obs. Will put in photos, child's work etc. Will do summary and re-do all about me questions every term.

If you do a search for learning journeys there is lots of info on here and I found lots through Google. Sarah707 ebooks also good.

Hope that helps a bit!

sarah707
11-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Things sort of build up over time.

Pick a nice photo for a header sheet and put in their 'all about me' form that parents filled in at the beginning.

Then do a series of initial observations to work them out... how they think, learn, play etc.

From those, talk to parents and get some input from them... and other settings if relevant.

Then it's just a matter of adding information as you go along... obs, individual planning, notes from home, things the child has said etc

Hth :D