PDA

View Full Version : Im back after moving house!

vix84
10-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Hiya,
just wanted to say Im back as we recently moved house and had Ofsted out to check the house over - got a few things to do but its all safe etc.

I also have a few questions that I have been thinking about.

I normally dont charge if I am off sick with my ds - but there seems to be my friends ds who I childmind and he seems to bring in bugs which means I have to take time off un-paid. Last time he came in with diaroeha and sickness and we all got it so I then had to take time off and owe them 2 days but he was the one that came in, even though he had had a loose nappy at home!

Then last week he had suspected chicken pox which turned out to be a nasty viral infection which my son got from him (but we met them in half term but she didnt say he was ill with a high temp., very pale and would only cuddle mum) so my ds got that and I had to swap days with my other mindee so I could look after ds.

So anyway, I have amended my sickness policy now so if a child comes in with a contagious bug (c.pox, sickness, hand, foot and mouth etc.) and we end up taking time off because we get it, then I will take it as paid.

I cant afford to keep taking time off when they come in with a bug, get sent home but by then its too late as we have it anyway!

What do you all think about this and what do you do?

Its ok for the mindee's parents as they get some time off work and still get paid for it, I have to take it un-paid!

ORKSIE
10-11-2009, 01:42 PM
Hi glad your back.
I can totally understand where your coming from, so its up to you how you run your business.
One of my Mindees parents dont get paid if they are off sick.

Anyway like I said Its your call.

Hope your nice and settled in your new home:thumbsup: