PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone accredited?

tigger
10-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Hi, I was just wondering if there are any accredited childminders out there and do you draw the early years funding from the council? How do you become accredited and what do you have to do?

Nat78
10-11-2009, 10:11 AM
I am In Bury, Lancs and they run their own accreditation scheme. I have achieved bronze level and just working my way through silver. When all complete I will draw funding, but cant till complete. Basically you have to work through loads of statement giving evidence of everything you do. It examines every area of care and works on ecm framework. The scheme run here is the same for all early years providers regardless of setting type. I can only speak for Bury accreditation though. Might be different elsewhere. Think NCMA run an accreditation scheme or get in touch with your local team

Blaze
10-11-2009, 10:21 AM
I am accredited - I am a member of the network & I had to show the co-ordinator 2 pieces of evidence for each aspect of the EYFS linked back showing next steps/planning...we both then completed a form & I had to complete an application form & now I am accredited. I would recommend you DO & ask what the process is in your area.:)