PDA

View Full Version : Let down again

Lily Grace
09-11-2009, 08:26 PM
I have been let down again with a potential mindee. Mum approached me about a month ago as her current childminder was moving and asked if I had a vacancy which I did after xmas. It was just before and after school term time only and her little girl knew my DD. We hadn't signed contracts and I have been chatting to the mum in the playground. Well this afternoon I have seen her little girl walk out of the gates with a different childminder. I wish people were honest with me. This is the third potential mindee that I have been let down with in a month. It is really starting to get me down.

I am also having a few anger problems with one of my mindees who is 10 and he was a star till about 6 months ago and now a dread him coming round.

After Feb all I will have is 2 after schoolers and I might have to get an evening job in a supermarket till things pick up. I really do feel that all the effort I put into this job is for nothing. Sorry for having a moan

Maguiresmonkeys
09-11-2009, 08:36 PM
Oh bless you. I cant understand why people arnt honest with us :angry: I was in a simular situation to you this time last year and close to getting a different job but luckily its picked up and now Im nearly full. Keep on in there and hopefully it will pick up soon. I also had a ten year old like the one you have described....angel at first and then was awful and so rude.....im happy to say that he has now gone and I can now enjoy my job again! If you can afford to Id give notice, perhaps you will feel better then?
Anyway....sorry to ramble on....hope you get some good news soon xx