PDA

View Full Version : grrr ofsted variation

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
09-11-2009, 04:35 PM
I applied for a variation from ofsted back at the begining of October. The children were due to start on the 26th October.

i have a 2 yr old and 3 1/2 yr old myself and the lady had a 2 yr old and 10 month old. It would have been from 3.30pm-6.30pm mon and tuesday.

Ive been trying to chase it up with ofsted for ages, felt bad everytime i spoke to mum saying i still didnt know.

Well i phoned up today and been told its been refused :( I asked what the reason was and got told that its becasue i dont already care for one of them.

Now i feel like why dont they have a criteria(sp) for when people phone up as it would have saved alot of time and now i feel really bad as i have to go back to a parent who has waited over a month and say no. :mad:

sorry just needed to moan to someone.

Heaven Scent
09-11-2009, 05:44 PM
They have done the same to a friend of mine - they appear to be having a clamp down!!!!

Chatterbox Childcare
09-11-2009, 06:11 PM
They will always give variations for continuity of care. My advice would be to start with the older one whilst mum is on maternity and then apply for the sibling.

Is there anyone you can work with and job share the two for a couple of months and then reapply?

Maguiresmonkeys
09-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Oh no,bet you are gutted.
I applied for one last week and Im waiting to hear.......wont hold my breath though now Ive heard that. The mum wants to start next week .....:(

Zoomie
09-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Start with one of the children and then it should be approved.

I had an inspector come and inspect me for a variation about 10 days ago. The were no siblings involved and I needed 4 under 5 for 1 hour one day a week.

Baby mindee had already started with me, and OFsted had no problem granting the variation.