PDA

View Full Version : My Baby Mindee is Leaving at Xmas :-(

helenlc
09-11-2009, 02:52 PM
My 9 mth old mindee who only started last month will be leaving at Xmas! :(

Mum and Dad are in temporary acomodation near me and have just been given a permanent place. It is closer to mum's work and so he wont be coming anymore as they will get someone nearer their new place.

The older sister had just started the school down the road from me so they are leaving her there til Xmas (and the baby here) then moving school after Xmas holiday.

He is such a sweeite and I am sad to see him go. It also means I am not full anymore so will have to advertise his space. ***'s law I turned someone away last week cos I was full!! I still have the lady's number but as I passed it onto another childminder, I dont think its fair for me to call her and offer my services. Would feel bad on my friend.

Anyway, such is life and the nature of this job we do. I have enjoyed having a baby around.:)

miffy
09-11-2009, 02:56 PM
Sorry to hear that Helen.

I know what you mean about the other work but the parent might not like your friend so may still be looking - no harm in asking your friend what the situation is and depending on the answer then contacting the parent again.

Miffy xx

venus89
09-11-2009, 03:45 PM
Oh that's bad luck - sorry the baby is leaving, I agree with Miffy - no harm talking to your friend.

The Juggler
09-11-2009, 04:35 PM
I know how you feel Helen, I just passed on two enquiries last week to friends, as I'm full until September. Then I heard today that the 2 year old girl I thought I had until September has now been offered a nursery place in January:( . It's not just the money, I am really sad I thought I had another 9 months to care for her.

But, she also only does 18 hours a week and it's hard to fill part-time vacancies with specific hours - she fitted in so nicely with my afterschool numbers, sometimes, plus I was counting on the cash to put away each month for our holiday:eek:

I'm sure something else will come along for you.

x

Chatterbox Childcare
09-11-2009, 06:14 PM
Ask you friend how it went. Mum may go to someone else and you could potentially go for it.

Pudding Girl
09-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Awww :(

Give that PP a ring, it's not taking it away from someone else, it's the parents choice and anyway all's fair in love and Cming! ;)

helenlc
09-11-2009, 07:05 PM
The cm I passed the number onto is a good friend and if I said to her the baby is leaving so I will be able to do the other one, I am sure she will be fine. She spoke with the mum who didnt realise how much it was going to cost so not too sure Mum is going to go ahead with anyone yet.

The baby's hours were nice as he wasnt here any later than 4 which I liked as I was able to get dinner done without too much stress and help my kids with their h/w too. I was looking forward to seeing him learn to walk and talk etc. He has just got used to my DH today as well having cried every time he went near him before now!!!:laughing:

Anyway, shall get advertising. Thanks for your kind words.