PDA

View Full Version : Dont know how much more i can take :O(

LisaMcNally09
09-11-2009, 10:14 AM
I really dont know what to do!!

The mindee i have posted about before is what i am talking about!!

My dd who is 3 has been funny for a few weeks. She is fine one minute then for a few hours she crys alot....gets angry really easily and just is generally an unhappy girl!

I didnt click on until this morning that the moods are whenever the mindee is here. This morning she just switched like a light bulb as soon as he walked through the door. The school run was horrendous and she cried the whole way!

As ive said in previous posts...everything is a competition with him and when he doesnt get what he want he lashes out but makes sure he thinks im not looking! When its just me and him he's a delight but other children bring out the worst in him.

If my dd or other mindee has something he wants it....if its dvd time he wants to choose...its always his turn! Im so stressed......ive spoken to mum about him lashing out and she was mortified but i think he says the same to her as he does me....all the things hes supposed to but nothing changes!!

Im sorry for the rambling im just so stressed and my dd is usually such a happy little girl that will play with anyone!!!

HELP!!!!:(

sarah707
09-11-2009, 10:26 AM
some combinations of children simply do not work.

We cannot expect every child to get on with everyone!

If your child is unhappy and you have tried all the usual strategies and involved parents in the process then I would say you have to put her first.

Remember to document exactly how you are managing the child and how you have spoken to parents etc and involved them in the process.

You need to do this so that if they contact Ofsted to make a complaint against you, you have it all in writing.

I was reading an article recently talking about childhood bullying - there is more early years bullying going on than any of us realise. It is a horrible thought when you are talking about such little children, but a pinch here and a shout there and a push... all this is a form of bullying and with our own children it hurts even more to see them so upset.

hugs for your dd x

LisaMcNally09
09-11-2009, 10:33 AM
Thanks Sarah,

I think im coming to the same conclusion i just hate giving up...im so stubborn!! lol

Where will i document all the things i am doing???

Lisa

merry
09-11-2009, 01:06 PM
If a mindee was affecting my own child this much I would terminate their contract. Your daughter's right to be happy in her own home is far more important than anything else. If you do a daily diary you could put it in there and get parents to sign, or maybe write up an incident sheet.

:)

OrlandoBelle
09-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Don't know what to suggest as i'm going through the same with a mindee at the moment too. She has only just turned 2 though. She is fine on her own, but a complete monster when others are around.

It can push you to breaking point sometimes can't it? Mine reduced me to tears last week. I think thats partly down to my hormones though!

Just wanted to offer (((((hugs)))))

Pipsqueak
09-11-2009, 03:01 PM
I am with Sarah on this (and I have been there and done that) - if its affecting your child then I would (and have) terminated the contracted.

LittleMissSparkles
09-11-2009, 03:53 PM
I am with Sarah on this (and I have been there and done that) - if its affecting your child then I would (and have) terminated the contracted.

ditto , sending you lo a big hug and you too I hope it is resolved soon and once you have terminated ( if thats what you do )your lo is happier and herself again xxxx

venus89
09-11-2009, 03:54 PM
:group hug:
I agree with the otherd - it sounds like you've tried all you can try. It's not worth it for any of you xx

Chatterbox Childcare
09-11-2009, 03:56 PM
With the others too. If it is affecting your family then tell mum and if things don't improve by the end of the week give notice.

LisaMcNally09
09-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Hi everyone and thanks!

I told mum at pick up that they arent getting on and she laughed:panic:

Im going to a support meeting tonight at the childrens centre so gonna talk to the learning leader there and see what she says

I know for one thing i cant carry on like this.

As soon as he walked out of the door today my dd was back to her normal smily self!

Im not in anyway trying to say she is perfect its just so not like her to be so unhappy!!