PDA

View Full Version : sick child! what to do?

sweets
09-11-2009, 07:53 AM
my mindee who comes 3 days a week didnt come on fri last week as she has a bad cold, didnt seem to bad but mum text me in thurs eve and said that they are keeping her home tommorrow (fri) as dad was off anyway.

she was due to come at 8 this morn, mum rang me at 7.15 to say that she still wasnt well, maybe got a chest inf so was going to ring the docs at 9 to try and get her in and would ring work to say that she was going to be late, she said that she would ring me later and bring her along.

i was half asleep when she rang so i just said ok i will speak to you later.

i feel really awful now as when she rings i am going to have to refuse her child aren't i?
i have another little boy this morn whom i know has a mild cold, but i cant take the little girl can i?

its hard as when i was nannying i did look after sick kids but i'm finding it hard getting into 'childminder role'!
i very nearly offered to take her to the docs as mum doesnt drive,

karenandsmile
09-11-2009, 08:05 AM
if the child has been given the ok by the doc then cant see a problem i would only exclude children on sickness and diaoreah 48hrs from last sickness and conjuctivitus (learnt the hard way on that one) most kids this time of year have a cough and cold and no one would be working if the world come to a stop but hey thats me every childminder has the right to refuse if they want to

suzyblue
09-11-2009, 08:13 AM
Sounds like the parents are on the ball, I wouldnt exclude for colds. If the child is able to play and join in on your normal routine then it should be fine.

Polly2
09-11-2009, 08:45 AM
I have a child with me now who has a chest infection - its not bothering him now and he is over the worst. It is hard to know what to do for the best but if child is ok I would accept :thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
09-11-2009, 08:54 AM
I'd imagine that if it is just a chest infection then she will bring mindee back with anti biotics. You can have mindee and put the medication in your book and get mum to sign.

Sounds like you have a caring mum there and I am sure she won't bring mindee if not well.

sweets
09-11-2009, 08:56 AM
ok thanks everyone. i will let her come:laughing: